Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Electric Steel Blue on a truck on it's way to Virginia Beach VA that I am purchasing as soon as it rolls off.

I've been doing a bit of research and so far have determined from pictures that an HPS intake for the 1.8L valvematic Corollas SHOULD fit with minimal issues. I'll post pics and a review as soon as it's installed (the day I get the car delivered).

I'll be also having a custom exhaust installed within a week or so. I need to be able to get under one of the cars to look and see what type of muffler (going to replace with a magnaflow muffler) I'll need to order.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have ordered this intake from two different people now and had my order canceled by both distributors stating "There is a molding issue from the manufacturer" I don't know how thats possible being it's mandrel bent metal, but either way I have opted to buy the TRD filter rather than an aftermarket intake. I'd avoid ordering anything from HPS.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the air filter part of the intake was moldy for some reason. Will the TRD filter fit into the Scion iM?
There is a TRD panel filter option yes... they're only $60 on eBay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts