Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Since this is not an aftermarket intake thread, I thought it would be OK to make as a separate post. If admins feel it should be moved, I do not mind either!

--------
I spoke with a rep. from Injen, and asked how they removed the stock air duct snorkel (the notorious #8 part). They were gracious to send me the CAI installation instructions in PDF. It shows us how to remove the air duct without damaging any parts.

A link via Google drive below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3kPJQEE_eMkZXFmS3pjd3FyWlU/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
300 Posts
It's more complicated and beyond my experience but I'm sure it'll be very useful for people with the proper tools.

Thanks for uploading this!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's more complicated and beyond my experience but I'm sure it'll be very useful for people with the proper tools.

Thanks for uploading this!
Thanks for mentioning this.
I might add that this was TOUGH. It was very difficult for me to accomplish task numbers 9-11. There are three bolts that are holding a LOWER resonator (yes, there's a second part of the snorkel under part number 8.

I ended up taking it out from the top, but I am afraid I bent the plastic vertical wire that goes to the fuse box. Luckily it bent back.

I'm looking online for a straight pipe/tube to replace the old U-shaped snorkel.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It can be quite challenging for those not as mechanically inclined as others here can be. I always find it helpful to watch some videos closely related even though it isn't the same car, often times that helps with educating yourself on the overall process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts