Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
There's a fuel light? Never seen it. I always keep enough gas in the car it doesn't come on... running below the empty line is a great way to burn out a fuel pump.

·
Registered
168 Posts
once the lights turns on, the most gas i can put in is 10-11 gallons, which means there's 3 gallons left in the tank, or about 100-120 miles depending on how you drive. and definitely enough to do no damage to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Lately yes. Anything between 385 to 400.
I think we have a miscommunication lol. After you finish your tank of fuel, and the empty gas light comes on, how many miles have you driven before the chance of the car stalling out ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think we have a miscommunication lol. After you finish your tank of fuel, and the empty gas light comes on, how many miles have you driven before the chance of the car stalling out ?
Lol Okay let me break this down.

When the gas light/low fuel comes on, miles that are driven since full fall anything between 385 to 400. The iM says 27 miles left after the light turns on.

I've pushed it until it says Refuel, so if the light came on at 400, I drove 30 more miles before filling. I fill up about close to 12 gals and I believe the iM still has 2 gals left. No chance of stalling the iM out as long as I don't go further than that.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
But why? Any reason you want to go to the limit?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

When the gas light/low fuel comes on, miles that are driven since full fall anything between 385 to 400. The iM says 27 miles left after the light turns on.

I've pushed it until it says Refuel, so if the light came on at 400, I drove 30 more miles before filling. I fill up about close to 12 gals and I believe the iM still has 2 gals left. No chance of stalling the iM out as long as I don't go further than that.
I still would rather fill up before it gets to that point. Why tempt fate?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I still would rather fill up before it gets to that point. Why tempt fate?
Because it is more convenient for me that way. I am confident that the fuel pump will not fail if the tank has at least 2 gals left before fill up. I'll never go less than that.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Have fun with that

Because it is more convenient for me that way. I am confident that the fuel pump will not fail if the tank has at least 2 gals left before fill up. I'll never go less than that.
Don't call when you run out of gas ;)

I still don't get the attraction of waiting until the last possible moment.

·
Registered
352 Posts

Perfect lol thank you very much for breaking that down :)

That is an answer I fully comprehend and can deal with. That's actually quite a lot in that reserve though. More than I thought

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't call when you run out of gas ;)

I still don't get the attraction of waiting until the last possible moment.
haha I won't call you but I'll call AAA:D

If fuel pump fails, I'll surely report it here. Good to know that there should be at least 60 mile range after the light goes on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts