Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The price of HID kit has dramatically lowered especially in markets such as eBay... I remember many eons ago, they were market valued around 200+ Now LEDs are making (have been making) their way into the automotive lighting industry as an efficient alternative to standard bulbs (most luxury vehicles) Question I have in mind is What would you get? Im really leaning towards LED technology since it has evolved quite dramatically, but so far I've heard that these aftermarket ones are not at strong as HID. But they seem to have an advantage if you have projector headlamps... hmmm

·
Registered
45 Posts
i would probably get a nice 4300K or 5000K hid kit and call it a day. cant comment on led kits since i dont know anything about em.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
331 Posts
Some people do, but I am to anal with wiring... I would get tired of doing it annually for inspections.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
;)

I catch your drift, I got a few "wink wink" inspections myself running cat-less downpipes on my Subarus... Most of the time those were at the stealership though where I knew the techs. With headlight wiring it's blatantly obvious usually, and troopers here will pull you over if they know off the top of their head your car is not supposed to have HID headlights. They'll look up the inspection station and fine them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think it would be obvious if you were running 7000K or + HID systems... I can't stand those... they come close as to staring at a weld spark...

*UPDATE*

I just recently purchased these... for the taillights, dome and map lights
Tail lights including the blinkers?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Does this change every light inside the vehicle LED with this kit? What about the license plate lights?
Yes, and I still had bulbs left over. Even did the bulbs under the sun visors.

Reactions: dylanalonzo

·
Registered
81 Posts
If your talking about the headlight housing then there are more bolts. Most of the toyotas require removing the bumper to get to the lower bolts.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts