Scion iM Forum banner

Hi iM waiting..

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Grumpy05 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I've placed a deposit on an iM this past weekend! Received a call from the dealership today asking if I had another choice of colour in mind, as all my top choices seem to be unavailable. I am now anxiously waiting and hoping they can find me one in a colour that I like :eek:

#2 ·
Hello everyone!

I've placed a deposit on an iM this past weekend! Received a call from the dealership today asking if I had another choice of colour in mind, as all my top choices seem to be unavailable. I am now anxiously waiting and hoping they can find me one in a colour that I like
Don't settle for a color you don't want

#4 ·
I bought my iM from a dealership 150 miles away from me, just because they have the color and transmission that I want. Woke up early, took the Amtrak and the salesman picked me up from the station. Out the door within an hour and with license plates too.

I also did this because I know that if I let my local dealership get it for me, they'll try to squeeze more money out of that.

#5 ·
Spring Green seems to be readily available. It's really bright and vibrant, but not my cup of tea. I am on the fence with the Barcelona Red - I haven't seen it in person and haven't thought about owning a red car. Not sure if colour should be a deal-breaker. I've spent quite of bit of time deciding which car to get, and when I finally made my decision on the iM.. I never imagined I would run into this colour situation!

#11 ·
I have the barcelona red and when it came down to deciding a colour for myself, I wasn't a fan of the green or the blue. I didn't really want to settle for another black car (my previous cars were black and I was getting tired of monochrome) and I'm not the biggest fan of the white/silver (gets so dirty in the winter). So I picked the red and braced myself.

It isn't "LOOK AT ME I'M RED! ZOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM" bright... I'd say it's a little more muted. In fact, when I saw the car in person I thought the red was much darker than I imagined from the pamphlets. Compared to some other red cars that I have seen at my work's parking lot... it's still has a bit of spunky feel without being too obnoxious. It does seem to get brighter or duller in different light but I've grown to love it.

I wouldn't say colour is a dealbreaker for me, but I do know what colours I absolutely would not want. Good luck finding one that suits you!

#12 ·
I got lucky with the blue. Had the financial person tell me that they had to order the car from the factory but I ended up getting a call from my sales guy 3 days later that the car was ready. Turns out he managed to nag a blue one from another dealership (turns out it was one of their "sister" dealerships)

But yeah, I wouldn't go for the green either though I already saw 2 green ones on the road (one of which are driven by an old man...)

#14 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. My first choice was blue, but I don't even see that option on autotrader for within Ontario. My next choice would probably be black or white. The one I test drove was green, and I can spot that car from miles away haha.

I am considering the red, but I'll do a little more searching before I decide to go for it. I still haven't seen the colour in person, but found some photos with tinted windows that looked pretty sharp!

#15 ·
A red iM recently came in for service at my job and wow is that an amazing color. Like you, blue was about to be my first choice but to me it looks like a blue that I'd get tired of seeing after a year (I guess it's to bright of a blue) . But I went with white since my weekend car is black. Welcome to the forums

Reactions: davect01
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.