Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hate the amber bulbs so I decide to change them to LED bulbs. But now I don't know how to change the dome light, trunk light, and even license plate light. (I read the manual but still can't figure it out) And since it is a new car so there is no video showing how-to on Youtube. Has anyone done this yet? I don't want to break anything :crying::crying:

Reactions: IM Matt

·
Registered
331 Posts
I really hate the amber bulbs so I decide to change them to LED bulbs. But now I don't know how to change the dome light, trunk light, and even license plate light. (I read the manual but still can't figure it out) And since it is a new car so there is no video showing how-to on Youtube. Has anyone done this yet? I don't want to break anything :crying::crying:
I've changed out every bulb in the whole car already...

The dome light and the map light are pretty easy .... you just need a jeweler's flat head screwdriver to fit between the lens and the grey plastic and pry at the mount points gently.

The license plate bulbs were a little tricky they have a tab / slot that pops out. AND the bulb housings are pretty small my 12 LED bulbs wouldn't fit had to swap to 6 LEDs

If you want some pictures I can take some tomorrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've changed out every bulb in the whole car already...

The dome light and the map light are pretty easy .... you just need a jeweler's flat head screwdriver to fit between the lens and the grey plastic and pry at the mount points gently.

The license plate bulbs were a little tricky they have a tab / slot that pops out. AND the bulb housings are pretty small my 12 LED bulbs wouldn't fit had to swap to 6 LEDs

If you want some pictures I can take some tomorrow.

Picture will be very helpful. The dome light I just don't know if I should pull or push into on the mount points. For the license plate one I should pop out the plastic stuff and pull it out?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Picture will be very helpful. The dome light I just don't know if I should pull or push into on the mount points. For the license plate one I should pop out the plastic stuff and pull it out?
I'll make a couple of quick videos tomorrow :nerd:

·
Registered
26 Posts

Just a reminder, led bulbs are one way positioned bulb, so if your bulb doesn't turn on, flip it around...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a reminder, led bulbs are one way positioned bulb, so if your bulb doesn't turn on, flip it around...
Yea I know that, but the thing is like I don't know how to take those plastic panel off lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
661 Posts
Are they specific to the iM or generic? I can't find anything made _for_ the iM.
They are going to be generic, you have to find out the bulb type you need and get that. Only time you're going to see something iM specific is if it's a kit that someone has put together containing specific bulbs you need, uncommon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone mind posting a link for the LED bulbs if they're available on Ebay or Amazon?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
122 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally figured out how to pull out the license plate light frame as well as trunk light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can someone help me out? I'm looking for white led for my license plate, dome lights and trunk light. Was looking on eBay but idk. Anyone know the bulb numbers ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yo how do I install the trunk light? I've been trying to pull out the cover to replace the bulb but it won't budge. Everything else is LED except for the trunk.

Please Help me :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts