Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very disapointed that scion didn't have standard heated seats, options to have them installed is 600$ which for me is over priced.

I have already installed heated seats, but for the IM i am clueless as to where i will install the switchs, has anyone got them installed by the dealership ? .. Where do they install the switchs ?

thanks !

·
Registered
331 Posts
We don't have this problem in Virginia Beach... However... being that they are not leather seats and the HVAC in this car works so **** good, are they really that necessary for where you are?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We don't have this problem in Virginia Beach... However... being that they are not leather seats and the HVAC in this car works so **** good, are they really that necessary for where you are?
Trust me ... at -40 degree celsius doesn't matter how good the hvac system is, it takes a loooong time to heat up the habitat, my 2011 corolla took atleast 10 minutes before i started to get a little comfortable... ooh and by the way i get to work in 10 minutes.. so yeah :p haha heated seats do help alot

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Spoken like someone from Virginia Beach. LOL

Yea when it is late January through February and you have to trudge through a slew of snow in a parka with -30 (maybe even -40) degree weather including wind chill, some heated seats are extremely desirable. And I'm not convinced that the iM has amazing insulation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoken like someone from Virginia Beach. LOL

Yea when it is late January through February and you have to trudge through a slew of snow in a parka with -30 (maybe even -40) degree weather including wind chill, some heated seats are extremely desirable. And I'm not convinced that the iM has amazing insulation.

Im going to find out pretty soon ! ... i just ordered my heated seat kit and will install them in october, i might take pictures or a video of the install for your entertainment.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Getting used to the cold and also bundling up helps a lot. Lucky for me most of the times my car is in some indoor parking, some heated, some not, still better than getting into a cold car that's outside!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Getting used to the cold and also bundling up helps a lot. Lucky for me most of the times my car is in some indoor parking, some heated, some not, still better than getting into a cold car that's outside!
Yeah, i dont have the comfort of a garage .. i have to dig out my car out of the snow -_-

·
Registered
331 Posts
HAHAHAHA! Yeah... we get like maybe an annual 10in accumulation of snow where I'm at but I travel to Boston, and Maine for work. I know le'struggle.

I wonder how much a remote start system would be in comparison to a heated seat install / kit. I'd think just pre-warming the whole car would be most effective.

So you poor souls need block heaters and everything?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAHAHAHA! Yeah... we get like maybe an annual 10in accumulation of snow where I'm at but I travel to Boston, and Maine for work. I know le'struggle.

I wonder how much a remote start system would be in comparison to a heated seat install / kit. I'd think just pre-warming the whole car would be most effective.

So you poor souls need block heaters and everything?

Welcome to Canada Nick !! ... i didn't install a block heater since the car is new and should be fine, if not ill get it installed.

I quoted a remote start, they had to call me back since they had never done it on a IM before, called me back and quoted me 500$ for the install.

Heated seats cost me 150$ on ebay and about 8 hours of my time to install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts