Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
Installing a hitch or hauling a trailer with the scion IM is not recommended.
I plan to haul a small trailer with not more than 1000 pounds total weight.
Anyone knows about any reported issues for those who did haul a trailer with their scion IM?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Guys.
Installing a hitch or hauling a trailer with the scion IM is not recommended.
I plan to haul a small trailer with not more than 1000 pounds total weight.
Anyone knows about any reported issues for those who did haul a trailer with their scion IM?
I put a hitch on mine just to be able to put a bike rack on, have never tried pulling a trailer with it.

That being said, the specs of the receiver says it has a 200 Pound Tongue Weight and 2000 Pound Towing.

What I would be most concerned about, would be the transmission. If you have the manual trans and the trailer+load are only 1,000lbs, might be worth trying. Not sure I would try towing much of anything with the CVT however.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The CVT would likely be fine, I would just use the manual mode if you're really worried. The CVT isn't a bad transmission, although I don't like it as much as the manual but that's a personal thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
planning to go to U-Haul and have them install their hitch for my 2016 IM with CVT transmission.
my question is can it tow their 4'8 Cargo Trailer? (the trailer has a loading capacity of up to 1,600 lbs)

the specs of the U-Haul hitch is:
Sportframe 1 1/4 inch Rec (Powder Coat)

• Class 1 hitch
  • Max weight: 2,000 lbs.
  • Manufacturer Part Number: 11420
  • Part number: CMF11420

Can it HAUL ? ? ? that is my inquiry?

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts