Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the Auris front passenger seat folds all the way back, close to flat?
Hoping it will for the iM.

·
Registered
661 Posts
not completely flat as in level all the way through from cargo area to seat backs lowest point, but its close enough. Just about in line with every other vehicle with rear folding seats in this segment:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I meant does the front seat back fold flat, or close to it, to accommodate long loads.
I have been unable to find a picture showing that. :(
It's a bit of a deal breaker for me.

I did e-mail Scion and got a good reply back that they will pass on my suggestion to Torrance. Probably won't make any difference, but I tried.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Tried searching for this feature on the Auris but had no luck in finding it.

Might not be something we get as for now i'm not going to expect a lot of changes from the Auris to iM.

Looking forward to what Scion reports back to you, thanks for reaching out to them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is your reasoning for wanting the front seat to fold down completely flat? I've never owned a car where the front seats can fold all the way down.. It does seem like it could be a useful function.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is your reasoning for wanting the front seat to fold down completely flat? I've never owned a car where the front seats can fold all the way down.. It does seem like it could be a useful function.
I currently own a Scion xB and the passenger seat folds flat for putting long loads such as a few 8' 2x4s. I found this feature helpful so many times.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went through an Auris site in Great Britain and got this back from Toyota.

"I have a question.....Does the front passenger seat recline back enough to rest on the rear seat cushion or the back of the folded forward rear seat cushion? I wonder how long a load I can put in this car.

Hello
Thanks for your posts.
Regardless of the position of the front passenger car seat, when you recline it to the maximum setting, it does not rest on the rear seat cushion. There is a gap (the size of this gap varies slightly dependent on whether the front seat is pushed fully forward or fully back) and the seat is almost horizontal...... Hope this helps for now but let us know if you have any other questions"

I think he thought I was concerned about the space between the seat back and the back cushion. I wasn't, but the seat back going almost horizontal does answer my question. Happy it is possible to do that!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I did see a Matrix when I was looking that had fold flat forward seats. As people compare this to a Matrix pretty frequently (both Corolla wagons), I could see it being plausible.

·
Registered
661 Posts
If they did it in the Matrix chances are they'll do it to the iM.
Clearly they found some reasons to make it a feature for the north american market.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did see a Matrix when I was looking that had fold flat forward seats. As people compare this to a Matrix pretty frequently (both Corolla wagons), I could see it being plausible.
They could do this, but I think it is more likely they will keep it like the Auris and make it recline fully. I don't think they will eliminate the map pocket and make the seat a hardback like the Matrix, a discontinued model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seats should be able to fully recline forward or backwards in any car in my opinion. Gives the owner a lot more seat function and space for carrying things like 2x4..

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seats should be able to fully recline forward or backwards in any car in my opinion. Gives the owner a lot more seat function and space for carrying things like 2x4..
The Auris DOES fully recline now and there is no reason to suspect that the 2016 refresh will not be the same. This is important to us because the iM and Auris are getting even more aligned by 2016.
You may have missed my earlier post which was a response from a Toyota rep, so his answer is as official as it can get.....

"I have a question.....Does the front passenger seat recline back enough to rest on the rear seat cushion or the back of the folded forward rear seat cushion? I wonder how long a load I can put in this car.

Hello
Thanks for your posts.
Regardless of the position of the front passenger car seat, when you recline it to the maximum setting, it does not rest on the rear seat cushion. There is a gap (the size of this gap varies slightly dependent on whether the front seat is pushed fully forward or fully back) and the seat is almost horizontal...... Hope this helps for now but let us know if you have any other questions"

·
Registered
661 Posts
The Auris DOES fully recline now and there is no reason to suspect that the 2016 refresh will not be the same. This is important to us because the iM and Auris are getting even more aligned by 2016.
You may have missed my earlier post which was a response from a Toyota rep, so his answer is as official as it can get.....

Hello
Thanks for your posts.
Funny how at this stage of the game that information isn't readily available. Although it may be common knowledge, making it clear to the public is what they should be doing.

Plus we're getting close to finally seeing it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Funny how at this stage of the game that information isn't readily available. Although it may be common knowledge, making it clear to the public is what they should be doing.

Plus we're getting close to finally seeing it.

Yes, for now all we can do is look at the Auris to get more details of how it might be for us.
I can't imagine that Scion would not having the folding front seat. It would be a mistake to change that feature.

I have been keeping my eye on the Honda HR-V reveal . Talk about a LONG release of information! Scion already looks faster than that.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think Scion will keep the fold back ability, but don't think we will get the fold forward flat option.
I have been keeping my eye on the Honda HR-V reveal . Talk about a LONG release of information! Scion already looks faster than that.
As for that see THIS link.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think Scion will keep the fold back ability, but don't think we will get the fold forward flat option.

Agree....it is not likely they would go through the trouble of using the Matrix type system and would be easier to just keep the recline back to the rear seat as on the Auris.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Basically every vehicle has to have folding seats. It should be standard across all vehicles. Adds so much function to the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.