Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's the weight of the factory wheels?

Here's what I have so far for the factory specs. The only one I'm unsure about is the bore. I got it over the phone from a Toyota parts guy when I was buying my winter set. He wasn't able to find the weight listed anywhere.

• Size 17x7
  • Bolt pattern 5x114.3
  • Offset 50 mm
  • Bore 60 mm

·
Registered
331 Posts
They are actually 17x7.5 with a 52mm offset. With tires they weigh 50lbs on a scale. Putting the individual wheel weight somewhere around 25lbs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are actually 17x7.5 with a 52mm offset. With tires they weigh 50lbs on a scale. Putting the individual wheel weight somewhere around 25lbs
Are you sure about the width and offset? I'm just going off of what's cast into the back of the wheel. I took some pictures of all of the markings.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
From experience I noticed Canadian and America Scion models get pretty close but when it comes to Toyota, that's where the bigger differences are, although I'm not sure how that will hold up over the years as the iM will no longer be under Scion.

But this could bring some better changes than what Scion was limited to. With that said... what would you guys expect?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From experience I noticed Canadian and America Scion models get pretty close but when it comes to Toyota, that's where the bigger differences are, although I'm not sure how that will hold up over the years as the iM will no longer be under Scion.

But this could bring some better changes than what Scion was limited to. With that said... what would you guys expect?
I'm not sure about the car lines (eg. CDN Corolla VS US Corolla) but I know there are some significant differences in the packages and options available for Tacoma. For example, in Canada we aren't able to buy the double cab short box with an automatic transmission which is the most popular configuration for the Tacoma in the US.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I assume tire sizes are generally the same across the border unless it's a special tire package you pay extra for.
We get different tires, lose the maintenance minder and gain AW mats.

You get sporty Toyos while we get economy oriented (Bridgestone Ecopias) tires.

Specs remain the same otherwise.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is our bolt pattern 114.3 or 115? I see conflicting information online.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If anyone is wondering the exact weight of our stock wheel: Scion iM 24.6 lbs. It is actually heavy, but it is also super sturdy.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm having a hard time finding a wheel design that I absolutely love for my iM. I love the OEM design but I would love to find something similar but that is 7.5"-8" wide and weighs around 17 lbs.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm having a hard time finding a wheel design that I absolutely love for my iM. I love the OEM design but I would love to find something similar but that is 7.5"-8" wide and weighs around 17 lbs.
I had a terrible experience with TSW Sprint 17x8. I am now interested in Konig Hypergram, Dekagram and Ultraform. Hypergram is 17x8 16 lbs, Ultraform is 17x8 17 lbs. They are Flow Formed, so they should be stronger and lighter than average cast wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had a terrible experience with TSW Sprint 17x8. I am now interested in Konig Hypergram, Dekagram and Ultraform. Hypergram is 17x8 16 lbs, Ultraform is 17x8 17 lbs. They are Flow Formed, so they should be stronger and lighter than average cast wheels.
I have 17x8 TSW Rivage wheels on my 2009 Corolla S Turbo and I love them on that car. I was hoping to find something in a directional wheel that is charcoal grey with a polished lip.

Here are my TSW Rivage wheels....

I like this Enkei PW10 but they are listed at 21 lbs which is more then I was looking for.

This Enkei PF07 is very sharp looking and weighs 19 lbs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Were those TSW Sprints on your Scion IM? I'm curious to know how much work i'd need to do to my fenders in order to fit a wheel with an 8 inch width. I don't want any rubbing at all, and my IM's at stock height, though i do want to put on lowering springs that bring it down an inch on all four corners.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Were those TSW Sprints on your Scion IM? I'm curious to know how much work i'd need to do to my fenders in order to fit a wheel with an 8 inch width. I don't want any rubbing at all, and my IM's at stock height, though i do want to put on lowering springs that bring it down an inch on all four corners.
Yes. I installed them a few days ago. I don't think there is any rubbing, but the car is pulling to the right and there is all kinds of vibrations and instability. They are also very heavy. I would only get wheels that are 17-18 lbs each or less. TSW Sprint are 27 lbs each, which is more than our OEM. Just terrible.

Attachments

Reactions: ARG05
1 - 20 of 20 Posts