Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know if Toyota was really serious about reviving the Scion brand you think they would give them some kind of jacked up cute ute. Considering that's the rage de rigueur why not give them something with a chance at picking up big volume?

·
Registered
432 Posts
They are debuting a number of vehicles soon in addition to the iM so a crossover could very well be on that list. We just haven't been teased yet.

·
Registered
661 Posts
A crossover would be great, it sure does work well for the times and should have a 'shelf-life' that lasts for at least a decade.

·
Registered
661 Posts
they could get away with using the same platform the iM is on
i don't see why they wouldn't since it would be a car-based platform being used for this.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scion doesn't have anything thats completely original. Every scion is a model that's deemed to funky for the sterile image of NA Toyota.

The Urban Cruiser could be a good place to start...

·
Registered
432 Posts
I could see a new version of the Urban Cruiser being a good base for a Scion CUV. Give it some funkier headlights and tailights and it would do the job well.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I could see a new version of the Urban Cruiser being a good base for a Scion CUV. Give it some funkier headlights and tailights and it would do the job well.
Sure sounds like what would be part of their recipe, taking cues from the iM hopefully as that had some things i really liked

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they dont change the world TOyotas though, seriously, Auris to iM. aren't you guys paying attention?

·
Registered
432 Posts
There are minor changes. besides, maybe it would be worth Scion investing in a model unique to them. Wasn't the FRS completely theirs?

·
Registered
432 Posts
But do you guys think that Toyota would put in the money to make a uniquely Scion vehicle? I'm just not sure if they could given what they would expect to make back from it in sales. It would have to be a really nice car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But do you guys think that Toyota would put in the money to make a uniquely Scion vehicle? I'm just not sure if they could given what they would expect to make back from it in sales. It would have to be a really nice car.
or a really cheap one that moves big volume... >:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
But that's the thing. What kind of volume can you expect a car wearing a Scion badge to move? Make it too cheap and people won't find it alluring enough. But the company also doesn't put too much money into it in case it doesn't sell enough. A bit of a catch-22.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It really depends on the car, how good of a car it is whether it is something entry level from them or something higher up, just needs to be a good product, something that will maintain good sales over time.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It really depends on the car, how good of a car it is whether it is something entry level from them or something higher up, just needs to be a good product, something that will maintain good sales over time.
Exactly.

For all we know their future sedan could see sales beyond what we would imagine for the brand. Seems like they're on track for more hits than misses.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But that's the thing. What kind of volume can you expect a car wearing a Scion badge to move? Make it too cheap and people won't find it alluring enough. But the company also doesn't put too much money into it in case it doesn't sell enough. A bit of a catch-22.
Toyota Corolla ;)

you forget though that Scion was pulling down respectable volume, what, 5 years ago...

in terms of a crossover...

eh.. a little funky, a little juke esque.. could be good for them... IF Toyota builds it

·
Registered
432 Posts
If they moved that from a concept to a production vehicle it could be a really great CUV for them. Definitely would be considered alongside the Juke. Did they ever do anything with this concept?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts