Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between Scion and its core buyer (whoever that is), perhaps thats the problem, Toyota doesn't know who exactly they're speaking with or why for that matter (well why is to sell them a car naturally, I mean why would they speak to US?)

“The tastes of today’s younger buyers have evolved,” Doug Murtha, Scion vice president, said in a statement. “They want a car that provides excitement and individuality, as well as the comfort, technology and reliability that Scion offers.”
Is this what you're seeing here?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I mean what person doesn't want a car that can be described with words like "excitement," "individuality," "comfort," "technology," and "reliability."

I think that Scion probably doesn't have as good an idea of who its brand's customers are. Hopefully they are able to refine that more. I like the iM concept though. I think that it is youthful and the body kit makes it look like it has a lot of energy.

If I had to guess what customer they should go for, I would say young people who don't even have a family yet. They want something affordable that also shows off their personality.

What else do you guys think?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean what person doesn't want a car that can be described with words like "excitement," "individuality," "comfort," "technology," and "reliability."

I think that Scion probably doesn't have as good an idea of who its brand's customers are. Hopefully they are able to refine that more. I like the iM concept though. I think that it is youthful and the body kit makes it look like it has a lot of energy.

If I had to guess what customer they should go for, I would say young people who don't even have a family yet. They want something affordable that also shows off their personality.

What else do you guys think?
Indeed, but does the content match the conversation? Or is Toyota simply speaking about a simulacrum. The value of the image over the value of the object if you will...

·
Registered
661 Posts
i'm surprised they don't have an idea of who they're speaking to, i'd imagine that by now they'd at least have some understanding of it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The brand is obviously searching for more of a foothold. Maybe they are thinking that if they come out with a few good products, the public will kinda tell them who their customer is.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yeah that is the case, especially when by now they apparently don't know who their buyer is.
With models like the FR-S and iM, they're close to finding that out. They have more models on the way... so just maybe some years down the road we'll see exactly from them who their buyers are.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The FRS has a reputation as something unique. One or two more vehicles like that should really start to define the brand to the public. Is Scion going to come out with any new vehicles that are exclusively Scion instead of being rebadged?

·
Registered
661 Posts
The FRS has a reputation as something unique. One or two more vehicles like that should really start to define the brand to the public. Is Scion going to come out with any new vehicles that are exclusively Scion instead of being rebadged?

No, the FR-S doesn't have a reputation for being unique, what's so unique about it? That's like saying a Honda Civic is unique.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts