Scion iM Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got mine installed but not sure how to wire to ignition. Any suggestion? TIA
The instructions you need is in the First page of the thread.

What part number did you use for the the fog light grill housing? Everything on eBay is an open honeycomb.

https://www.scionimforum.com/forum/electronics-audio-lighting/3441-fog-lights.html

Maybe these post will help. Part number is listed and buy parts from JP car parts from Japan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is there still not a vendor for fog lights for us?
www.auerautomotive.com Not Cheap but a complete LED fog light kit ,you still have to buy the housings I bought mine from JP Parts $35.00 each plus shipping brighter than the headlights !! Look up Corolla 2014-16 #262-T4R-2N1-17 Kit you will still need to buy another factory switch / Amazon $8.00 the LED has a DRL outer ring then a main center light .Thats why you need second switch I’ve had mine 3 years now no problems :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
I bought my fog light kit a while ago and finally got around to installing it. I saw where people complained about seeing the paint through the honeycomb design so I applied black vinyl to that area which worked out well.

Question though for others that have installed these fog lights. The kit came with only 4 screws, did you use only 2 per side? I see that one tab slides into a space but it looks like you could still put 4 screws in each side.

Here are the 2 different housings.

After removing the OEM cover.

Cut out a template.

Cut out the vinyl.

After vinyl is applied.

No more silver paint seen through honeycomb. Looks like it did OEM.

Reactions: gcomer

·
Registered
447 Posts
I finished mounting my fog lights today. I ran the wire harness from the fog light up near the battery. I still have to wire in the switch and I'll be done. Here is the fog light mounted with the blacked out grill area.

Here is the final result with the grill back on over the fog light. I love how it turned out with the black out treatment. Much better than the silver showing through the grill.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After trying to connect my fogs to turn on and off when my head lights come on I tried taping into the ecu in the drivers side and taped into a ground and no my low or hi beams don,t work. Checked all relays, fuses and bulbs and they are all good. Just no headlights work. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice fog lights you have there. I've been planning to purchase a kit to mount this month. I'm checking 4WheelOnline for fog light options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, so I’m lost. Virginia requires the fog lights to turn off when the high beams are on. So, I can’t just rely on an interior switch. Using a Bosch-style 5-pin relay, I’ve tried every single wiring permutation and cannot get the fog lights to turn on whatsoever. Everything’s been tested with a voltmeter, so I know I’m getting current to the lights (tested in living room floor). I have the switching wire from terminal 86 going through a fuse tap to one of the high beam fuses, terminal 30 direct to the battery positive terminal, and 85 wired to a single ground wire for relay and light ground directly off of the negative battery terminal. Turning on the high beams is making the relay switch terminals (you can distinctly hear it clicking). It’s the second relay, the first one was bad, and I doubt I’ve got two bad ones. No matter what, I cannot get 12 volts through terminal 87 or 87A (I’ve wired it both ways just to make sure) with either low beams or high beams. Any ideas? Has anyone gotten their fogs to work and turn off with high beams? What did you all do? I searched everywhere and cannot find any info on this specific to the iM and I doubt every member here lives somewhere where the fogs can be on with the high beams and using just an interior switch is legal. I’m frustrated lol. Thanks a ton in advance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Okay, so I’m lost. Virginia requires the fog lights to turn off when the high beams are on. So, I can’t just rely on an interior switch. Using a Bosch-style 5-pin relay, I’ve tried every single wiring permutation and cannot get the fog lights to turn on whatsoever. Everything’s been tested with a voltmeter, so I know I’m getting current to the lights (tested in living room floor). I have the switching wire from terminal 86 going through a fuse tap to one of the high beam fuses, terminal 30 direct to the battery positive terminal, and 85 wired to a single ground wire for relay and light ground directly off of the negative battery terminal. Turning on the high beams is making the relay switch terminals (you can distinctly hear it clicking). It’s the second relay, the first one was bad, and I doubt I’ve got two bad ones. No matter what, I cannot get 12 volts through terminal 87 or 87A (I’ve wired it both ways just to make sure) with either low beams or high beams. Any ideas? Has anyone gotten their fogs to work and turn off with high beams? What did you all do? I searched everywhere and cannot find any info on this specific to the iM and I doubt every member here lives somewhere where the fogs can be on with the high beams and using just an interior switch is legal. I’m frustrated lol. Thanks a ton in advance.
Did you catch the post back on page 3 of this thread that goes over how they wired it? Diy- fog lights

·
Registered
3 Posts
I read it, but maybe I didn’t quite understand all the way. Pin 34 for 12v power and the fogs turn off when the high beams are on? So that means there’s just power and ground for the fogs, no need for a 5-pin relay and a wire for switching power? Hmm. Doesn’t make sense to me, but if it’s what’s working, then I’ll do it. FYSA I’m planning not to use an interior switch.

Did you catch the post back on page 3 of this thread that goes over how they wired it? Diy- fog lights

81 - 92 of 92 Posts