Scion iM Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
That's some crazy work going on their, if that was me, by now I would have broken some clips and forgot where all the screws and clips go :D

·
Registered
201 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
And the ebay kit is installed!!
perfect fitment
wiring is not plug and play!!! you can use it as is and leave a bunch of wires pile up or cut to length with new connectors.
switch leds are green!!! solution,solder 2 3mm diffused blue leds or 1 blue and white .(ordered)
lense cover honey comb is not covered so the inside of the bumper is exposed,i dont like the way is looks but if you want to match the lower bumper honeycomb then leave as is and trim some black contact paper and put it inside that way the paint of the bumper cant be seen and it blends with the lens cover.or fab a piece to cover the honeycomb in the lens cover.
lenses are easy to align and installs from the inside with 2 screws each(provided)

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
switch leds replaced,what a difference now!! now it looks like it factory!

leds are 3mm diffused but if you have clears you can sand them and make them difused.
blue led to macth the others buttons and dash and white one to indicate when fog lights are on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

leds are 3mm diffused but if you have clears you can sand them and make them difused.
blue led to macth the others buttons and dash and white one to indicate when foog lights are on.
Looks good.

What's the head on collission switch for?

·
Registered
75 Posts
that switch is for setting up the space or limit for that system to warn you or brake for you.
if you press that button when the car is running in the display menu youre going to see how the distances between front car or static object and you change.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
that switch is for setting up the space or limit for that system to warn you or brake for you.
if you press that button when the car is running in the display menu youre going to see how the distances between front car or static object and you change.
Got it.

·
Registered
21 Posts

blue led to macth the others buttons and dash and white one to indicate when fog lights are on.
How difficult was it to disassemble the switch assembly? I go the one snap on cover off, but thats as far as I went ... didnt want to break the switch, so I figured I'd ask the expert ;)

Cheers,

·
Registered
75 Posts
Now that you have the cover of lift the rear of the board just a bit and wiggle the front part out,the switch bar is inserted in the switch button.
Later ill be posting more pics of the switch but with clear difused led ln the indicator and light blue led on top ,im looking to macth the oem color.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Now that you have the cover of lift the rear of the board just a bit and wiggle the front part out,the switch bar is inserted in the switch button.
Later ill be posting more pics of the switch but with clear difused led ln the indicator and light blue led on top ,im looking to macth the oem color.

Awesome!!! Thats the info I needed to change out that green LED :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, one more question for you..... Your harnesss that plugs into your fog/driving light switch, did it have 4 wires running to it?

Mine does so I am going to try a 'slightly' different wiring. Mine has black, red, empty, yellow, and red wires at the connector.My plan is to take the red wire closest to the edge of the connector and attach that to pin 34 of the Drivers Side Junction Block Assembly (Main Body ECU) and then take the other red wire and attach it as you did to the green wire on the mirror illumination wire. That way what 'should' happen is when the interior lights (dash lighting) come on it will also illuminate the (now) blue LED. When the headlights are on (low beam) and the switch is pressed on the fog/driving lights will be on. When the high beams are turned on, it 'should' turn off the fog/driving lights and then turn them back on when returning to low beam setting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok, one more question for you..... Your harnesss that plugs into your fog/driving light switch, did it have 4 wires running to it?

Mine does so I am going to try a 'slightly' different wiring. Mine has black, red, empty, yellow, and red wires at the connector.My plan is to take the red wire closest to the edge of the connector and attach that to pin 34 of the Drivers Side Junction Block Assembly (Main Body ECU) and then take the other red wire and attach it as you did to the green wire on the mirror illumination wire. That way what 'should' happen is when the interior lights (dash lighting) come on it will also illuminate the (now) blue LED. When the headlights are on (low beam) and the switch is pressed on the fog/driving lights will be on. When the high beams are turned on, it 'should' turn off the fog/driving lights and then turn them back on when returning to low beam setting.
Yes 4 wires, 2 reds 1 black 1 yellow
that set up mimics the oem fog on with headlight low and off when hl is high,thats the way should be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes 4 wires, 2 reds 1 black 1 yellow
that set up mimics the oem fog on with headlight low and off when hl is high,thats the way should be.
Yep. Dont want to be in violation here of too many lights on ;)
Just had to cut the slice they did for the two red to a single and then add an extra jumper for the red wire going to the mirror illumination. Its all tested, just need a bit warmer weather to do the install now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does anyone make a harness to use the kit wiring with a stock Toyota fog light switch?
i think you should check first if all the parts will be available to do the oem wiring!
stock relays and other stuff are also needed,maybe a little controller or relay box to limit the the use when highs are in use!
for that i think a corolla owner can bring more help!

41 - 60 of 89 Posts