Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, in searching for a strut bar I was advised by carid.com that the DC Sports Strut Bar CSB1408 would fit.
DC Sports® CSB1408 - Carbon Steel Front Strut Bar

I bought it and mocked it up when it came in the mail two days ago, all looked good. The bolt patterns line up perfectly. :)

However, when attempting to put it in last night, it does not work. There is a secondary, non-removable bracket in the back that keeps it from mounting properly. :( I could make it fit, but that would require hacking either the strut bar mount or the bracket on the car, nope.

The plus side is that I was able to mount this on my wife's xB, which needs it more anyway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That sucks D: but atleast you still got something out of it. May want to call DC direct about it too and or look at Tanabe.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In looking at it closer, DC Sports itself does not claim it will fit the iM, but Carid.com did. I let the website know the issue.

And as mentioned if the bracket was out of the way it would fit perfectly.

Fortunately I was able to use it in the xB. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
So, in searching for a strut bar I was advised by carid.com that the DC Sports Strut Bar CSB1408 would fit.
DC Sports® CSB1408 - Carbon Steel Front Strut Bar

I bought it and mocked it up when it came in the mail two days ago, all looked good. The bolt patterns line up perfectly. :)

However, when attempting to put it in last night, it does not work. There is a secondary, non-removable bracket in the back that keeps it from mounting properly. :( I could make it fit, but that would require hacking either the strut bar mount or the bracket on the car, nope.

The plus side is that I was able to mount this on my wife's xB, which needs it more anyway.
My Tanabe Brace has lasted 3 years of various weather in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

1 - 4 of 4 Posts