Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I install them myself. Took me half day to complete. The wiper cowl and the part under it has to be removed. After that there is a ton of room to work on. I am waiting on my exhaust. I will make a video of it when I complete the installation.

Registered
AWESOME! is there a need for that anti-cel 02 sensor extension that the TCs and 1zz Corollas needed so it would not trip the cel light?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes it does. The fitment was perfect. It even lined up perfectly on the bracket that is from the engine block. I used a 17mm bolt and nut to hold it in place. I believe that bracket is the engine vibration mount. I made sure that is tight so my headers will not crack prematurely.

One thing I noticed is that since the headers do not have heat shield, the engine bay gets much hotter.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You can see the bolt I used for the bracket on the picture. I wanted to use a bigger bolt that will have no play but that is all I have laying around.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought the ulter cat back exhaust from eBay. However, the muffler tip is rubbing on the plastic trim. I think the exhaust is fitted to a Toyota auris without the body kit like ours. I would like to post some pics but it's not letting me because I have exceeded the amount of pictures I can post.

Registered
I bought the ulter cat back exhaust from eBay. However, the muffler tip is rubbing on the plastic trim. I think the exhaust is fitted to a Toyota auris without the body kit like ours. I would like to post some pics but it's not letting me because I have exceeded the amount of pictures I can post.
Host it on a website like imgur or tinypic and post the link here instead of using the attachment thing

Registered
that looks atrocious, something i would make having never welded before lol.
Oh **** trust me. Especially for a company like Borla to turn that garbage out, pfft. The worst part is they didn't have pictures of the collector on the site, so this was just a little surprise present to everyone that bought one lmao

Registered
That's what happens when these companies get big, they just look at volume and often nothing else. Rarely do you find those that target both volume and quality.

I think Seibon was one of the good aftermarket brands that did volume and quality, although they sell carbon fiber parts, not exhaust systems.

Registered
I do not know if the cel will light up. I just installed it and have not driven that far yet.
Ok please review after long use would like to know if this engines design had it's kinks worked out. Kinda like the 15' impreza with the FA20DIT engines design eliminating the ringland problem..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have driven the car for more than 60 miles now and about 40 miles on the freeway and no check engine light.

Before I installed the headers I removed the negative and positive connections on the battery. I hope that made a difference.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts