Scion iM Forum banner

CVT issue(?)

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Targan 
#1 ·
Hi, everyone!
I’ve been enjoying my ‘15 Scion IM here in Ukraine for two years since bought it at Copart. But only recently started noticing strange RPM changes while staying at the traffic lights or anywhere I stop: goes down to 500 (the engine starts to rumble) and then back to its "normal" position. It’s observed after the car is warmed up, with AC on/off, at "D" and at neutral as well. Tried to search for the answer and solve the possible malfunction, some say on different sites that it’s okay to observe it. Is it? Already cleaned the throttle control and covered ~150 miles, but… Zilch.
About the car:
  • CVT (well, just a reminder)
  • 100k miles (my mileage is about 16k).
  • Use it only in normal mode, no ricing, the average speed is 40-70 miles per hour.
  • Buy only high quality gas.

Thank you in advance!

#3 ·
Hello! I’m grateful for your answer, makes me feel relieved a little)
Yeah, it’s a common thing here to install different gas systems on cars due to budget reasons. However, we’ve got some petrolheads, who have it installed even on V8 Challengers😅 (basically, most of big capacity engine vehicles imported from the US face this procedure to be honest).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.