Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota released the prices for the rebadged Scion iM and it now starts at $18,750, that's $290 more and the CVTi-S Automatic version starts at $19,490. NO idea if they'll come fully loaded like the Scion but I highly doubt it. Lucky for everyone who bought a Scion iM before Toyota absorbed the branch.

·
Registered
149 Posts
>Lucky

More standard equipment; A lot of safety gear and heated seats for 290 more.

I'm not sure how we qualify as lucky.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Seat fabric looks different to me, headrests as well. I will stop by my local Toyota dealer and check it out. They have one in stock already.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I love all the safety features on my Corolla iM that they added for the 2017 model year. I also picked it up for $13560 + TT&L after discounts and rebates! What a deal! :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
I love all the safety features on my Corolla iM that they added for the 2017 model year. I also picked it up for $13560 + TT&L after discounts and rebates! What a deal! :D
Whaaaaat? Was it brand new? My 2016 was around $16,500 + TT&L, I thought I had a good deal.

I am actually glad I have the Scion, since all those safety features are annoying in my opinion. 2016 was one of its kind in the sense that it was still mostly a simple car, while most of the competition had/has a variety of safety features.

What surprises me is how badly Toyota dealers advertise the iM? I never saw one on the showfloor, I barely see any of them ever parked in front of the dealerships. It's like dealers are trying to sabotage the car. When Honda was selling their Element, it felt similar to me - dealers were making every effort not to show it to their customers, but it was (and still is IMO) the best Honda vehicle sold in the U.S.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Whaaaaat? Was it brand new? My 2016 was around $16,500 + TT&L, I thought I had a good deal.

I am actually glad I have the Scion, since all those safety features are annoying in my opinion. 2016 was one of its kind in the sense that it was still mostly a simple car, while most of the competition had/has a variety of safety features.

What surprises me is how badly Toyota dealers advertise the iM? I never saw one on the showfloor, I barely see any of them ever parked in front of the dealerships. It's like dealers are trying to sabotage the car. When Honda was selling their Element, it felt similar to me - dealers were making every effort not to show it to their customers, but it was (and still is IMO) the best Honda vehicle sold in the U.S.
It's nice because you can turn them off and even adjust the sensitivity of how you prefer it to work, like the auto braking if it sees an obstacle or another car and the driver doesn't brake. The lane keep asset can also be turned off. I leave that off unless I'm on a road trip which I turn it on in case I'm tired and I don't realize it.

I'm glad that I have the Toyota version. So many people didn't even know about Scion and that Toyota made it. The Toyota name should also hold it's value better. I just remember when I first saw the Scion iM at a dealer and I fell in love with the car. The styling was electric and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I'm so happy that I finally have my own iM. So how did you get your iM for $16500? I thought that Scion was a no haggle/discount sales model.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's nice because you can turn them off and even adjust the sensitivity of how you prefer it to work, like the auto braking if it sees an obstacle or another car and the driver doesn't brake. The lane keep asset can also be turned off. I leave that off unless I'm on a road trip which I turn it on in case I'm tired and I don't realize it.

I'm glad that I have the Toyota version. So many people didn't even know about Scion and that Toyota made it. The Toyota name should also hold it's value better. I just remember when I first saw the Scion iM at a dealer and I fell in love with the car. The styling was electric and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I'm so happy that I finally have my own iM. So how did you get your iM for $16500? I thought that Scion was a no haggle/discount sales model.
That no haggle price is not really a no haggle price. I paid $18,000 Out the Door flat price on mine with 0% APR for 72 months. Most of us here knew that Scion is a Toyota. I knew that since the brand came out.

I am glad you like yours as a Toyota. I am happy with the Scion badge. My cousin that lives in Japan told me that most Auris/iM owners in Japan r swapping badges to Scion lol. And, maybe 10 yrs from now, most people would not recognize the Scion badge.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
That no haggle price is not really a no haggle price. I paid $18,000 Out the Door flat price on mine with 0% APR for 72 months. Most of us here knew that Scion is a Toyota. I knew that since the brand came out.

I am glad you like yours as a Toyota. I am happy with the Scion badge. My cousin that lives in Japan told me that most Auris/iM owners in Japan r swapping badges to Scion lol. And, maybe 10 yrs from now, most people would not recognize the Scion badge.
Ya, just because they say no haggle, does not mean you can not haggle. I did and saved a bit.

I too am proud to have an one model year Scion iM. The Toyota iM is probably a bit better for the resale, but I usually keep my cars 10+ years so at that point resale is not a bit deal for me.

·
Registered
447 Posts

Ya, just because they say no haggle, does not mean you can not haggle. I did and saved a bit.

I too am proud to have an one model year Scion iM. The Toyota iM is probably a bit better for the resale, but I usually keep my cars 10+ years so at that point resale is not a bit deal for me.
I wouldn't have cared too much about resale either as I keep my cars for a long time too. I have my 2006 Scion xB and I have no desire to sell it. I love that car too. The nicest thing about the Toyota iM vs the Scion model was the addition of the safety features. That also made my insurance less!

People in Japan never had the Scion brand so I'm sure they think it's cool! :lol: I didn't realize that people could still haggle on the Scion name though. That's what a lot of others didn't like. I'm sure that some dealers were more of a stickler then others when it came to discounting any Scions. Either way I love the iM, Toyota or Scion. And for my price of $13560 + TT&L I love it even more. What a car for that price! :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Mine was $15,600 because no one wanted a silver 6 speed.
In my area the silver 6MT seemed to be very popular! I was lucky to find one as that was my preference or the blue. I found one dealer with 3 blue 6MT but they wanted $1400 more so I went with the silver 6MT. At $13560 + TT&L it was hard to beat!

·
Registered
196 Posts
So, how much did you actually paid out the door (with tax, license, fees, and etc (sales contract))? Finance APR?

·
Registered
447 Posts
So, how much did you actually paid out the door (with tax, license, fees, and etc (sales contract))? Finance APR?
I paid $13560 for the car. I don't get caught up on TT&L as that is dependent on where you live and the taxes in your state. I paid for the 8% sales tax, title and license fees at the local licensing office. I just had my first payment at 2.89% but I paid off the car completely. I always ask what people actually paid for the car itself and not an out the door price as that means little to nothing. People in several states have no sales tax so the price would just be that of the car and a $100-$200 for the fees. :D

I had been saving $400 a month for years to put toward a new car so that way I only have one car payment on my wife's new RAV4. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I paid $13560 for the car. I don't get caught up on TT&L as that is dependent on where you live and the taxes in your state. I paid for the 8% sales tax, title and license fees at the local licensing office. I just had my first payment at 2.89% but I paid off the car completely. I always ask what people actually paid for the car itself and not an out the door price as that means little to nothing. People in several states have no sales tax so the price would just be that of the car and a $100-$200 for the fees. :D

I had been saving $400 a month for years to put toward a new car so that way I only have one car payment on my wife's new RAV4. :)
That is the main reason I ask... I was just curious how much other people pay on different states. When I was shopping around, I asked around different dealerships around the country since the car is 50 state legal. 2 dealerships caught my attention; Jerrys Toyota (forgot what state) and Pacific Beach Toyota (Florida). Both dealers gave me a quote of $13,250. I was like :eek: ...

Me and the wife were actually due for a vacation at that time so we think it was a good way since we are saving money. We were thinking, picking up the car, go on vacation, and drive it home to SoCal So, as I was start to make plans, I told dealer to prepare the paperwork just like how we were going to sign it. They sent it through email and I was dissappointed when they showed total price of $18,256 (No extended warranty, no extras). I went to Temecula Toyota and I was quoted $18,000 (car turned out i think $15,860) out the door price with the same accessories.

But I respect your point of view. I was just curious.:) Thank you for the response.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Can you post a breakdown of the discounts and everything of how you got the $13,650?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Can you post a breakdown of the discounts and everything of how you got the $13,650?
Sure thing! Here is the breakdown.

MSRP $19820
Dealer Discount - $3510
Toyota Rebate - $2000
Grad Rebate - $750

Total $13560

My wife had recently finished her Masters in Nursing and Toyota offers a Grad Rebate of $750 within 2 years of finishing school. Take advantage of every discount they give you!

·
Registered
447 Posts
That is the main reason I ask... I was just curious how much other people pay on different states. When I was shopping around, I asked around different dealerships around the country since the car is 50 state legal. 2 dealerships caught my attention; Jerrys Toyota (forgot what state) and Pacific Beach Toyota (Florida). Both dealers gave me a quote of $13,250. I was like :eek: ...

Me and the wife were actually due for a vacation at that time so we think it was a good way since we are saving money. We were thinking, picking up the car, go on vacation, and drive it home to SoCal So, as I was start to make plans, I told dealer to prepare the paperwork just like how we were going to sign it. They sent it through email and I was dissappointed when they showed total price of $18,256 (No extended warranty, no extras). I went to Temecula Toyota and I was quoted $18,000 (car turned out i think $15,860) out the door price with the same accessories.

But I respect your point of view. I was just curious.:) Thank you for the response.
How do they get from $13250 to $18256??? They were playing you. It doesn't matter where you buy the car, you pay the sales tax and registration/plates for it where you live. Just add in the sales tax in your area if there is one and the registration and plates are normally less then $200 any where in the country.

·
Registered
196 Posts
How do they get from $13250 to $18256??? They were playing you. It doesn't matter where you buy the car, you pay the sales tax and registration/plates for it where you live. Just add in the sales tax in your area if there is one and the registration and plates are normally less then $200 any where in the country.
This is why I was asking for out the door price. Yes, I know about the tax that no matter where u buy, you get tax depending where you live. As far as for the how ot went from 13250 to 18256, they have charges that is rated differently... I was trying to look for the email/quote but it was to far back and I cant seem to find it anymore. I remember that the vehicle delivery charges was slightly higher than in california (I think it was around $970 ish). The dealer documentation fee was $500 and they also have leiu tax of $450 (on top of my 8.25% residential tax)... Yes, I agree, it was all B.S..... That is why I just went to the dealership close to my house lol...

I hope you wont mind sharing the name of the dealership and sales agent that you got the car from. Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts