Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given how new this car is, there is close to nothing out there with coilovers or lowering springs. // expected

Please provide

Coilover :
Link : (insert link)

or

Spring:
Link: ( inster link)

Thanks for the help! I can't stand looking at my car and thinking how flood / off road ready it is.

·
Registered
331 Posts
There are actually a lot of coilovers available from over seas. Springs as well.. you just need to search for 2013+ Toyota Auris suspension parts. I have the below mentioned H&R Springs installed on my iM and love them. Tighter in the corners and just as smooth in a straight line as stock. Only a 35mm drop, but it's just right in my opinion.

Coilover :
Link : Largus Full Adjustable coilover Kit 2012 2015 Toyota Auris NZE181H NZE186H 2WD | eBay

or

Spring:
Link: Kit Ressorts Courts H R 29084 5 Toyota Auris Hybrid Facelift 35mm | eBay

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are actually a lot of coilovers available from over seas. Springs as well.. you just need to search for 2013+ Toyota Auris suspension parts. I have the below mentioned H&R Springs installed on my iM and love them. Tighter in the corners and just as smooth in a straight line as stock. Only a 35mm drop, but it's just right in my opinion.

Coilover :
Link : Largus Full Adjustable coilover Kit 2012 2015 Toyota Auris NZE181H NZE186H 2WD | eBay

or

Spring:
Link: Kit Ressorts Courts H R 29084 5 Toyota Auris Hybrid Facelift 35mm | eBay

The car is looking REALLY good.

Thanks for the info on suspension!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Good question... the H&R springs I have installed only lowered the car 35mm. The car had 200 miles on it when I installed them and threw it up on a rack. My mechanic did not have the factory tolerances to compare them to, but the front camber was -0.8 and rear was -0.5 both are within acceptable tolerances for my daily driving tastes. To adjust camber you would need camber bolts, or coilovers with camber plates in the front and some sort of aftermarket adjustable mount point components in the rear with it being double wishbone. Toe was 0.1 F 0.2 R....

That was the long answer... the only adjustability there is with springs is the tightening back down of all the bolts... We marked everything's position with "whiteout" to get it aligned back up as close as possible to how it was before installing the springs.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Is there a side shot of the car on pavement so I can get a better idea of the drop?
I'm also interested in seeing that too but for now the reduction in fender gap does help to create a good frame of reference for now, since that should give a sense of what to expect with ground clearance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Question, which year Auris year should I get to match my im? (coilovers). Sick of being 4x4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts