Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Been searching for a good forum for this car and not to many out there (which I like hahah)Just purchased a 16 MT im.. so far im loving it. It does have its cons that I agree with some of you here but nothing to get butt hurt over. As long as it does it’s job keeping my wallet a little fatter as far as my daily commute (coming from a gas guzzler of a 2006 Honda Pilot) is and that it’s a “Toyota” which makes it better...anyway I’ve read and watched a few vids of the manual transmission and most say the shifters feel rubbery... I’m not exactly sure what people mean by that. I’m aware of the long throw and **** it’s that for sure but mine seems “clunky”... is that the norm?? Like not as smooth as I would’ve expected.. This rig only has 20,xxx and everything is prime other than that.. Most of my owned vehicles over my time have been manuals and none ever seemed clunky like this.. although I have put in shorter shifters in most of them because I love the way it feels and the quickness and smoother shift... I have looked at the TWM short throw, seems that’s our only option really for this car and as far as I’ve read, it’s a fine choice (if you can get past there customer service?.?.) I really don’t care about the service as long as I get my parts.. any of you guys run one and how does it feel compared to this long throw clunky shifter? Any input would be greatly appreciated and much thanks to the admin for this forum. Getting many ideas from you guys. Keep this grocery getter alive🏼

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.