Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I love my iM and I picked this car over the regular corolla because it is much cooler looking car, plus I like the hatchback versatility, however, at least in my area (Chicagoland) mostly I see chicks driving it. I've owned this car since January and whenever I see the iM passing by I automatically look at the driver, and I swear I've only seen a guy driving in it once (black iM )
What are your findings from your area? Here in Chigagoland it is rather unpopular vehicle and if you finally see one, a chick is behind the wheel LOL,

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hi everyone,
I love my iM and I picked this car over the regular corolla because it is much cooler looking car, plus I like the hatchback versatility, however, at least in my area (Chicagoland) mostly I see chicks driving it. I've owned this car since January and whenever I see the iM passing by I automatically look at the driver, and I swear I've only seen a guy driving in it once (black iM )
What are your findings from your area? Here in Chigagoland it is rather unpopular vehicle and if you finally see one, a chick is behind the wheel LOL,
The iM has not been a heavy seller, so I'm just happy to see one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi everyone,
It just puzzles me why would you care if majority of you see that drive the iM are women. IMO, drive what you want to drive and not how the general public will perceive you. Aren't you confident about your sexuality? :laugh:

In Detroit, it is only me. I see one or two every 4 months or so. I see more iM's in Toronto. I'd be more happy to see that women drive an iM, they made a smart choice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It just puzzles me why would you care if majority of you see that drive the iM are women. IMO, drive what you want to drive and not how the general public will perceive you. Aren't you confident about your sexuality? :laugh:

In Detroit, it is only me. I see one or two every 4 months or so. I see more iM's in Toronto. I'd be more happy to see that women drive an iM, they made a smart choice.
Just saying dude, Just saying ....and thanks for your input.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just saying dude, Just saying ....and thanks for your input.
I agree. Many women driving it. I see more iM's now popping in DC area. When I had mine about a year ago I could not see any of them. I just don't get it: why would anyone get a Corolla over iM? Hatch functionality is huge. It also looks way sportier and unique, almost German styling. The ride is very stable and comfortable. I actually can't understand why more people aren't buying it. Considering recent $2,000 cash back from Toyota, it is an amazing value for what you get.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree. Many women driving it. I see more iM's now popping in DC area. When I had mine about a year ago I could not see any of them. I just don't get it: why would anyone get a Corolla over iM? Hatch functionality is huge. It also looks way sportier and unique, almost German styling. The ride is very stable and comfortable. I actually can't understand why more people aren't buying it. Considering recent $2,000 cash back from Toyota, it is an amazing value for what you get.
I don't get it either, I think it is the American sedan stigma. I'm originally from Europe (europeans love hatches) and choosing the iM over the colrolla sedan was no brainer :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't get it either, I think it is the American sedan stigma. I'm originally from Europe (europeans love hatches) and choosing the iM over the colrolla sedan was no brainer :)
Let me guess, you are Polish or Ukrainian? I was born in Europe myself.

I saw many Toyota Auris cars in Austria a few months ago, they even have Auris wagons as taxi cabs. It actually blends with other European cars really well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Are there any girls on this forum? I saw another girl driving iM today and I just thought I haven't seen any of them here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts