Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have been trying to get this to load on it's own every day for several weeks. I would go into the fr-s or tc build and replace the car name with im to no avail. Finally glad to see it is up. Too bad there's not more TRD parts listed. I was hoping to see what the charge on springs and sway bar would be.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was figuring it would be extra,but I am hoping navigation can be had on it's own when everything is listed.

·
Registered
312 Posts
No, I don't think it was ever going to be standard. I can't think of a recent non-luxury car that navi was standard in. But honestly $900 isn't too bad for the upgrade. That's like 20 bucks per payment more. It's $1199 in the xB.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was thinking of outright purchasing it instead of leasing it so that may be why the system gave me a bit of a sticker shock. The bumper protector is a must for me. but everything else can be optional.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't have Bluetooth now so I can't say for sure, but when I hook up my phone to my a/m radio in my xb I can still listen to music and the the directions will come over the speakers.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Have a visual of the map lets me know when I need to turn so that I can switch lanes a safe distance before the turn. $900 isn't too bad and If I really can't add it in, Google maps will work.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Don't know if I've never seen it or its new to the scion site, but found this - http://m.scion.com/iM2016_infographic - while looking on my phone. Some decent info here. Most of it you already know. @bicepeak, towards the bottom of this is a picture of the 60/40 split, but the seat belts are not removed when folded - is this what you noticed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Neat Find / They Goofed, Twice

That's a neat find.

The picture you are referring to with the seatbelts attached is from the iA, not the iM. Scion goofed on that picture. Look carefully at the headrests. They are not the same ones found on the iM.

The second goof they made was with the audio info. Yes, the iM has a 7" screen. However, the screen isn't mounted on the dash as the picture shows. That's the screen found in the iA.

It's really hard to believe that something official from Scion has those goofs on the same page. They can't even get their own info right.
:eek:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's a neat find.

The picture you are referring to with the seatbelts attached is from the iA, not the iM. Scion goofed on that picture. Look carefully at the headrests. They are not the same ones found on the iM.

The second goof they made was with the audio info. Yes, the iM has a 7" screen. However, the screen isn't mounted on the dash as the picture shows. That's the screen found in the iA.

It's really hard to believe that something official from Scion has those goofs on the same page. They can't even get their own info right.
:eek:

LOL....you are right....that is the iA back seat.

Todd...no the iM is not like that.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I did notice the audio screen. Was wondering about the seats being another mess up. Can't stand that audio that will be in the iA. Never actually spent time with it, just don't like the look and the idea of never being able to upgrade the receiver without major work.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I did notice the audio screen. Was wondering about the seats being another mess up. Can't stand that audio that will be in the iA. Never actually spent time with it, just don't like the look and the idea of never being able to upgrade the receiver without major work.
I bet there will be some people that will install a flip out double din dash right below the hvac controls. Aside from that there really isn't anywhere else ideal mount one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I really don't like the way the comparison's are skewed. Here is the latest from the Scion blog - a comparison of the iM to the Mazda 3.
2016 Scion iM vs. 2015 Mazda 3 - Official Scion Blog
The problem I have is that their pricing is wrong. Along with a couple other errors that could have been seen if this had gone through any sort of editing process. Here is a build of a Mazda 3 i Touring trim.
Build Your Mazda - Mazda USA
**The Differences**
iM has 17 inch alloys - M3 has 16 inch alloys
iM $19255 - M3 $20915
Now they look very similar. The M3 doesn't have power folding or standard dual climate. I don't think I need either option. The M3 does have fog lights, push button start, smart key or advanced key system (touch the handle and the car unlocks), dual exhaust and blind spot monitor/cross traffic systems.
The thing I hate is that when car companies do comparisons, they cherry pick the things that make their stuff look better.

Rant over - carry on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts