Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wondering for a while how do you guys go through brakes so quickly. I know our front pads are also used on the RAV4 which goes through brakes quick in the front. I sell front brakes on IM's and RAV4 at 15,000 miles more often than I would expect. I don't understand how you can go through them so quick. I still have 9mm at 9,000 miles. Mainly city driving up until 4500 then more Highway then on.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I really have no idea where is this coming from? I drive in a congested DC area and I replaced my front and rear brakes (pads, rotors and fluid) at 40,000 miles, which is very normal.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have been wondering for a while how do you guys go through brakes so quickly. I know our front pads are also used on the RAV4 which goes through brakes quick in the front. I sell front brakes on IM's and RAV4 at 15,000 miles more often than I would expect. I don't understand how you can go through them so quick. I still have 9mm at 9,000 miles. Mainly city driving up until 4500 then more Highway then on.
I see a lot of people complain about this very thing. I imagine that they are very heavy on the gas pedal and brake equally hard while driving in city traffic a lot. I've never replaced brake pads before 75k miles on any car I've ever owned. On my 2009 Corolla S I have 97k miles on it and more then half of the front pads still. I always anticipate traffic and stop lights though so I'm not always riding the brake pedal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just curious to see if anyone on here has had that experience because I would say you are driving like an a$$hole if you go through brakes at 15,000 at 1mm... I would recommend fluid at a 30k interval and brake pads should at least get you to that if not much more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I drive like an idiot and im going to need to change them soon. I'm at 17k and i already have gotten some new tires for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.