Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Not sure if I will get the body side moldings or not. I like the look and protection of them. Thoughts?

Aaron

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you park in a heavily congested parking lot often.... maybe? I personally didn't like the look of them, and have no worries about parking situations that it would get dinged.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I would advise that you stay away from them.

Just try to park and drive in such a way that you're less likely to come into situations where you'd need them. Some folks park just about anywhere and drive for too long near the wrong people.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would advise that you stay away from them.

Just try to park and drive in such a way that you're less likely to come into situations where you'd need them. Some folks park just about anywhere and drive for too long near the wrong people.
I immediately thought of this.

Defensive driving is key. And when I say defensive it doesn't mean some extra armor for scraping once in a while, its avoiding the scrapes altogether.

I think it may also depend if you live in the city or not. Narrow streets may make you more prone to those situations.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Body side moldings will not save you from the gif driver above. It's all on personal taste. I like the look of them on my wife's RAV4, but not sure I would like the flow of them on the iM. Here's a pic with them on so you can see where they would go and if you like them.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Body side moldings looks odd on the iM. Just park a bit farther away from everyone else and that should reduce the amount of dings you get.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I immediately thought of this.

Defensive driving is key. And when I say defensive it doesn't mean some extra armor for scraping once in a while, its avoiding the scrapes altogether.

I think it may also depend if you live in the city or not. Narrow streets may make you more prone to those situations.
Location only matters to me when it comes to understanding how people in an area drives. Overall I never let my guard down and in the city, if no cops are around, sometimes you have to throw laws out the window to get around the idiots... I don`t advise that for everyone... :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts