Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Toyota will introduce the "Auris Cross" at next year's Geneva Motor Show in March. This model will represent an evolution of the 2014 C-HR concept. It will be a proper crossover instead of a jacked up hatchback.

This model will be a Qashqai-rivaling model that will ride on the Toyota New Global Architecture. It also is expected to have a new interior with more soft touch plastics and an overall improved fit and finish.

I am wondering if it is this vehicle that could end up being the new Scion crossover that we have suspected will be coming out.

Toyota "Auris Cross" reportedly coming to 2016 Geneva Motor Show

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That concept is too out there to make it to production in a recognizable form. I think its more likely that it looks more like the Auris with some slight changes to turn it into an SUV and make it different from the hatchback.

·
Registered
661 Posts
That concept is too out there to make it to production in a recognizable form. I think its more likely that it looks more like the Auris with some slight changes to turn it into an SUV and make it different from the hatchback.
At times concepts are more along the lines of design exercises which don't represent production models nearly as well as other concepts do.

·
Registered
411 Posts
At times concepts are more along the lines of design exercises which don't represent production models nearly as well as other concepts do.
Very true. Murtha said the Scion iM design was already locked up when the concept car was shown so they probably already know what the production car will look like. I think it will be vastly different than the CH-R.

·
Registered
432 Posts
While these "design exercises" have some use, I think it would be nice to get concepts that are somewhere between almost production ready and pushing the boundaries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts