Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got our new IM. first time we've had a bluetooth device in a car. like it.
puzzle: car will show that I have a text from all of my contacts that have written so far and read it to me.
Except for one: it doesn't acknowledge incoming texts from my wife's phone (though they come in fine on the phone itself). It will display and read, however, if she is sending a group text to me and at least one other person.
Both are Iphones.

anyone else encounter something like this?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
A bit confusing

Just got our new IM. first time we've had a bluetooth device in a car. like it.
puzzle: car will show that I have a text from all of my contacts that have written so far and read it to me.
Except for one: it doesn't acknowledge incoming texts from my wife's phone (though they come in fine on the phone itself). It will display and read, however, if she is sending a group text to me and at least one other person.
Both are Iphones.

anyone else encounter something like this?[/QU

It is a bit odd.

I get some that come through, some that don't

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have never received a single text message through my headunit (iPhone 6)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ok here is what I learned:

At your own risk... the head unit will read incoming text messages if you have less the 50 messages on ur phone (approximately). I emptied all my text messages on my phone to prove this and it works. For some reason, the headunit downloads all the text messages from your phone before it reads it on the screen. If u have a lot of text messages, your head unit will not bother downloading the text.

Also, if the vehicle in motion, the headunit will not show the actual text but still translate it verbally.

There should be a way to set the headunit not to download text messages and just read the current one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good to know... however I will never have less than 50 texts on my phone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts