I was able to find all OEM rear spoiler part numbers

Drill Template - PT29A-12160-TL List $30

1F7 Classic Silver - PT29A-12160-01 List $360
209 Black Sand - PT29A-12160-02 List $360
3R3 Barcelona Red - PT29A-12160-03 List $360
6W2 Spring Green - PT29A-12160-06 List $360
8X7 Storm Blue - PT29A-12160-08 List $360
070 Blizzard Pearl - PT29A-12160-10 List $360
I asked for the spoiler and they said they only had one in blue. I didn't get it. Something like this would be ok.
Look at my post in previous page ^^^

Your Toyota just has lazy parts people or lazy sales people, we have a lot at our dealership. I'm a parts manager at a Toyota in Columbus. They are available in every color.

Here's a photo of mine installed.

Hey man specs on your wheels please i too just ordered some RPF1s and was wondering about fitment!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I finally saw one at the Portland Auto Show and ordered it last week. I picked it up from the dealer today and can't wait to get it installed. Any special tips from those that installed it themselves?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Here is the DIY install. Here are a few tips from my experience. Blow off metal shavings don't wipe them off, don't let hot shavings land on plastic parts, clean the shavings from the inner rubber weather seal. Clean surface of oils and wax before final install so the adhesive on the spoiler sticks. To get the trim cover off just hold one side, stick your fingers in around the brake light and pull. Other than that kinda straight forward installation.
So I notice that there are no install directions. Looking at your pictures I notice that the plastic inserts are for the outside 2 holes/screws and the 2 inside ones use the nuts. Do you only drill one large hole for access to the inside bolts to attach the nuts to? I couldn't tell from your pics. I was surprised that there was not a set of install directions in the box.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm glad that I figured out the directions since nobody replied. The dealer is supposed to print them off for you as they don't include them in the box anymore.

Question for all of you that have installed your own deck wing. Did you all buy a tube of the 3M Ultra-ProBody Sealant that they say to use or did you use something else on the drilled holes? I can't find it locally but I did on Amazon but it's $27 just for a tube of it. Just curious to see what everyone used. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry guys been gone for a long time now since been working on my Tacoma. To answer your question to install the spoiler I remember circle double sided tape I think. And there were also other 3m double sided tape. Another reason I stopped posting here was because the forum said I met my photo quota and not sure how I can get past this to post all the fun pictures of my ride. I hope your spoiler turned out well by the way.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sorry guys been gone for a long time now since been working on my Tacoma. To answer your question to install the spoiler I remember circle double sided tape I think. And there were also other 3m double sided tape. Another reason I stopped posting here was because the forum said I met my photo quota and not sure how I can get past this to post all the fun pictures of my ride. I hope your spoiler turned out well by the way.
I ordered a tube of the sealant that the instructions said to use. It just arrived today so now I'm just waiting on a warmer day to get it installed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good luck. It's not a hard install, just a little time consuming. Did you ever get the template? By the way thanks for posting before on the DNA exhaust. I've been running it for last month with the TRD intake and it's an excellent combo. Throttle response is improved for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hola amigos ... tengo un toyota auris touring sport 2016 ... quiero ponerle un alerón o spoiler ... vi que lo habéis puesto en el toyota corto ... creo que el mío, el portón es mas estrecho y me gustaria tener opciones si me pueden ayudar .. que le pongo ???? y si tiene enlaces.

saludos desde Barcelona, España.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts