Scion iM Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
OEM spoiler. Who was it that worked for Toyota and can post the install instructions? Pretty please? As I see it the middle two are locking studs and the outboard studs take the nuts. I only see one plug and it is bigger than I would make a hole for the nuts but I need to see the install instructions with a parts breakdown. It can't weigh more than 2-3 pounds. See info in thread for additional info.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Spoiler installation

Ovmech did you install your spoiler? I have been waiting to see pictures.
V3rs3 or Xetros...Do you guys think you can post more pictures of the spoiler from different angles?
I'm going to install it tomorrow. Sorry I've been bz with work. I'll post pictures. Don't buy a template I'll send it to whoever is DIY
spoiler and they can pass it on too. We have a winner....Volksparts has first go at template when I'm done with it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here is the DIY install. Here are a few tips from my experience. Blow off metal shavings don't wipe them off, don't let hot shavings land on plastic parts, clean the shavings from the inner rubber weather seal. Clean surface of oils and wax before final install so the adhesive on the spoiler sticks. To get the trim cover off just hold one side, stick your fingers in around the brake light and pull. Other than that kinda straight forward installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's exactly what I was looking for as far as angle of the pictures. From the back it looks like a good size but the front it looks tiny. I can't wait till mine arrives. Thanks ovmech and thanks for passing along the template.
Haha...and two questions for you. Where is all your stuff in your garage? And where did you get that sticker? It's hilarious, I'm assuming it's stating the tint is 5+ hp.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So thanks again Ovmech for forwarding me the template to mount the spoiler. Here are some tips for others looking to do the install. Like ovmech said, clean up your drill shavings often so that you don't scratch the paint. The hole for the access from under the hatch...a few things... after drilling from the roof originally I saw a punch mark under hatch to mark my drilling point, you will need both a punch to start drilling all your holes and a 1 inch hole saw to drill the hatch access hole. Tools needed for job: tape, template, file to smooth out holes (not necessary but I like them smooth), 23/64" and 9/16" drill bits, 1" hole saw, punch to start holes, 10mm socket with extension and socket wrench, cloth/vacuum for cleaning. Anybody else out there want to use the template? PM me ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Some pics of my install today. I will post more tomorrow with better lighting.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's exactly what I was looking for as far as angle of the pictures. From the back it looks like a good size but the front it looks tiny. I can't wait till mine arrives. Thanks ovmech and thanks for passing along the template.
Haha...and two questions for you. Where is all your stuff in your garage? And where did you get that sticker? It's hilarious, I'm assuming it's stating the tint is 5+ hp.
There is stuff in my garage. That side behind the car is my work benches. I'm lucky I have a 2 car garage, a 2 car attached carport and and 3 car garage in the back behind the house. I ordered the sticker from the below link. Sticker means I get +5HP more from my short ram air intake....ha ha @ 5700 rpm per dyno data.

Personalized Vinyl Lettering | CustomVinylLettering.net

·
Registered
661 Posts
Not a bad look although I kind of wish it was like a duck tail spoiler or a lip spoiler. That I would be more interested in than this. For some reason wasn't too much of a fan with these that have a gap below.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts