Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty much ready to get one. Kinda bummed out. Trading in my 2013 GTI, which is a rocket ship compared to the corolla. But the GTI is on it's 3rd intake manifold and the warranty is now up, so I don't want to have to pay for the next one. It's also had the water pump done under warranty. So I'm getting rid of it before something else breaks and I have to pay for it this time.

I drove the IM. It's pretty cool, but no leather and no NAV = lame. The performance of the vehicle compared to the GTI is just depressing, but it's just a car. Hopefully I'll get use to it.

Anybody that has one, chime in.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I don't much like the look of that. If toyota had a 200hp motor and leather, this car would be a hit.

Also if anybody knows the answer. I have heard you can get a navigation module for the radio, but have not seen any links or info on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
you can get Nav and if interested heated seats if you want just ask dealer. Mine in portland wanted $900 plus install and one here in salem wanted $800 installed i think , if I remember wright. Not sure oh the heated seats but in portland they said they could.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
As was said, NAV is totally an add-on, but it is an extra $900. I passed and just use my phone.

Bummer about the GTI. I really like GTI, but have heard horror stories about repair costs after 3-5 years.

There are a few performance mods for the iM, but it is never gonna be in GTI territory without significant mods. Still, it is quick enough for around town, has a great handling with several mods to make it even better and has Toyota Corolla dependability. I too got burnt on my last car, only lasted 8 years before I was into repeated repairs. I'm hoping this car lasts a lot longer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got them to throw in all the extras, lowered springs, rear wind deflector, interior light kit, and mud flaps.

Trying to find a pic of one with the Toyota lowered springs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went from a Mk5 GTI to an IM (company car), and I'm still bummed after a month of ownership. Decent interior but desperately needs power!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.