Scion iM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Not officially rated by the EPA, Toyota NA (scion) said at launch that the iM will return 37 mpg on the highway. expect 30-32 in town IMO...

New York 2015: 2016 Scion iM Debuts - The Truth About Cars
I think big difference is CVT vs manual. I get 27 city and around 32-34 MPG highway with A/C on, mine is a stick.

Another thing that improves acceleration and slightly improves mileage: turn off Vehicle Stability Control. In order to do that you have to hold that button for 3-4 seconds while the car is stopped.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i'm getting 40 average city and highway with a CVT. around the suburbs i get around 36. Drove 100 miles this weekend all highway, was getting 44 mpg with an average speed of 65 mph.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I get about 39-40 hwy mpg doing about 72 mph on cruise control with ac on. Averages about to 37 mpg including city driving. I've seen as high as 42 mpg but driving slower than 60 mph. Manual tranny too.

About 400 miles when the gas light turns on. I've pushed it one time to 430 miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have the manual and drove 180 miles and i got 43.7 mpg @ 65 mph. and based on my calculation my car can go up to 500 miles but i never done it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I get about 39-40 hwy mpg doing about 72 mph on cruise control with ac on. Averages about to 37 mpg including city driving. I've seen as high as 42 mpg but driving slower than 60 mph. Manual tranny too.

About 400 miles when the gas light turns on. I've pushed it one time to 430 miles.
Well, this is crazy! What am I doing wrong :) Are you calculating these numbers yourself or go off the iM MPG computer?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Same here, shift points between 2 to 2.5k. Yeah it is boring but I bought the iM to save gas :D

Some may think that this is really bad but I've been doing this even in my Celica. Still runs to this day at 343k miles.
OK, I shift around 4,000 rpm. But even if I reset MPG meter when on the Interstate, it still would not go anywhere above 34 mpg. Even when I am always in 6th gear doing 70-75 mph. I usually get around 32 mpg highway-only driving.

·
Registered
168 Posts
OK, I shift around 4,000 rpm. But even if I reset MPG meter when on the Interstate, it still would not go anywhere above 34 mpg. Even when I am always in 6th gear doing 70-75 mph. I usually get around 32 mpg highway-only driving.
you're doing something very wrong lol. if i drive like a maniac, constantly flooring it and weaving through traffic, then i'll get around what you're getting. maybe you're just too heavy on the gas and constantly speeding up and slowing down. try to keep it steady and don't watch the speed, watch the MPG meter lol, and then the speed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I get between 38 and 42 MPG figured by hand, most MPG displays are overly optimistic. My 2015 Toyota was telling me I was getting 15 to 17 MPG and figured out by hand was 13 MPG. Most of my iM driving is in town top speed 30 MPH. I live in one of those small towns were there are no stoplights.

CAD-Man

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been getting about between 29 and 33 most of my driving is highway about 80-85 in az with ac going of course. Mine is an auto. So im happy with that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Lots of factors affect fuel economy. Main thing is driving style and terrain. Try using cruise control and minimize acceleration and deceleration. If you want best gas mileage, keep your car running at a steady state.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Currently fluctuating around 30 to 35. Mostly freeway and short distance side streets. Gotta thank my boss for early in/early out, avoiding rush hour and traffic.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts