Scion iM Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,303 Posts
I just can't bring myself to buy a car brand that I don't trust in terms of quality, craftsmanship and/or styling - and American, European and Korean companies are all on that list for me for one reason or another. Honda is even on that list now, after buying/driving nothing but Honda/Acura cars from 1982 to 2015. I guess that I am a Toyota person now, and I am currently really enjoying my first one. The IM will likely be my second one in 2019 or 2020, if they don't ruin it with a bad refresh or redesign.
I took a risk on my last car with a Dodge Avenger 3.5L that I really liked. It was great for 6 years, had a rough 7th year, but got it back on the road. Then in year 9, I had massive issues.

Back to the imports. My wife's last car, (a 1996 Honda Civic), lasted 16 years, with no unexpected repairs until replaced with a Scion xB.

· Registered
279 Posts
What made you switch from Honda to Toyota?
I also had only Honda and Acura until I decided it was time to save money and get better mileage. I also wanted a car with a stick. So I bought 2016 Accord EX 6MT. It had a great manual transmission, but it also had engine issues. It would hiccup during acceleration and Honda would not fix it (probably bad ECU engine mapping). I went to dealers and called the corporate - nothing. I also had issues with upgrading piece of s**t audio system in 2016 Accord, since it was built into the dash and it was integrated with car electronics. One day I gave up and decided to buy another car, so I looked for a reliable car with good cargo space, and the most important thing: good audio system or easy to upgrade audio system. I did not know Scion iM even existed until I ran into it while searching for manual transmission cars on Autotrader. I went to test drive 2016 Scion tC - it was terrible - loud, cheap inside, uncomfortable. Then I drove the iM and really liked it. So here I have my first Toyota. What surprised me is that iM has better interior ergonomics that 2016 Honda Accord. I also noticed how many things are well designed in Toyotas, while Honda is aiming for many features at the expense of quality. Honda is definitely more fun to drive though, but I will stick to my iM for now.

Reactions: nics
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.