Scion iM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pricing on the 2016 Scion iM won't be out for a while, having a look at what pricing is like of some vehicles within it's segment as seen below creates a great starting point to suggest what it will go for once on-sale.

Based on what's known about the Scion iM, what do you think it will be priced at?

Scion iM Competition:
  • Mazda 3: $18,945
  • Volkswagen Golf: $17,995
  • Ford Focus: $16,810
  • Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback: $18,750

·
Registered
363 Posts
the iM is going to be the xB's replacement and right now it's price at 17 740$
i can't imagine scion iM pricing being too far away from that.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yea I was going to guess somewhere around $17k. I think they will want to keep the price quite low. They may even try to undercut the Ford Focus by a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I was going to guess somewhere around $17k. I think they will want to keep the price quite low. They may even try to undercut the Ford Focus by a few hundred dollars.
I'm not sure if they even need to undercut the Focus. What all these vehicles have to offer and what the iM will be offering are things to look into and compare to come up with a more precise price suggestion. For all we know they could price this higher than the Focus and still churn out a successful selling product.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm not sure if they even need to undercut the Focus. What all these vehicles have to offer and what the iM will be offering are things to look into and compare to come up with a more precise price suggestion. For all we know they could price this higher than the Focus and still churn out a successful selling product.
I gave my guess at a price, what is yours @SiM ?

Do you think they are going to price it above the Focus?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a feeling it could be price above the Focus, probably right around the $17k mark.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well it all comes down to content essentially.

Its strange, do they undercut Corolla with iM siphoning off some volume into the iM or do they go on top of the Corolla which would likely leave the iM dead in the water?

Of course thats a huge frame based on the assumption that Corolla and iM will even be sold to the same people...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There will be some crossover from the corolla to iM but I don't think it's going to be anywhere near being anything significant to take away from either model.

·
Registered
432 Posts
As if a car like the iM would make a noticeable dent in Corolla sales. That car is one of the best selling vehicles ever.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think that the more interesting conversation is if the Scion iM would be able to conquest on some of the other auto brands in the segment.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's quite possible they will, this is a vehicle unlike any other scion before it aside from the FR-S, when it comes to effectiveness, it should fall right under the FR-S with every other model before it right under them.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you guys think Scion will post projected sales volume or might we not see that?

·
Registered
219 Posts
They may have the same base but they are not the same car.
You would do well with research. Auris is the brand name of the Corolla Hatch

The Toyota Auris is a compact hatchback derived from the Toyota Corolla. In Europe, Toyota positioned the Auris as the replacement of Corolla hatchback, while the notchback sedan continued with the Corolla nameplate.
Sounds pretty the same to me...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At $20k they better have it well equipped, i know i would buy a $20k iM that looks just as it's preproduction model does but of course who knows how much of that will actually make it's way to a production model at a price of $20k

1 - 20 of 38 Posts