New to iM 2018 - Scion iM Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-12-2019, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
New to iM 2018

I have just purchased a 2018 iM with light mileage. It seems to sit too low somehow, and touches bottom on our gravel drive, uneven roads or with speed bumps etc. Are there any simple adjustments to raise the suspension a bit so it sits higher?

We need to get snow tires in the near future - can a tire style be purchased to also raise the vehicle somewhat? Most of the cars features are very solid so would not want this to become a major problem which required giving up the car, though the low roof in the back seat is also an issue for a growing family. Thanks for your suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-13-2019, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfin16 View Post
I have just purchased a 2018 iM with light mileage. It seems to sit too low somehow, and touches bottom on our gravel drive, uneven roads or with speed bumps etc. Are there any simple adjustments to raise the suspension a bit so it sits higher?

We need to get snow tires in the near future - can a tire style be purchased to also raise the vehicle somewhat? Most of the cars features are very solid so would not want this to become a major problem which required giving up the car, though the low roof in the back seat is also an issue for a growing family. Thanks for your suggestions.
Looks Stock Height to me from the picture you posted in the other thread!...So yea....Cant really raise the car unless you get AirBag Suspension.

If you get a fatter Sidewall tires might help slightly...Not much...You can try getting bigger wheels like 19" ones..

Owner of a 2016 Classic Silver Metallic.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-13-2019, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

That's bad news. Not sure how we can tweak the slope and nature of our drive to avoid this. It is under factory warranty so I assume it would be worth asking if anything is off with the suspension or if they have any relative inexpensive ideas how to handle this. I would hope we don't have to give up the car as it performs quite well and meets most of our expectations.

post #4 of 7 Old 10-14-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Just had a look under the car and the issue for us may be that the front bumper and grille seem lower than the rest. For now will try parking in a part of the drive before a slight rise in the gravel but will have to get the drive resurfaced soon.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-09-2020, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Quote:
Just had a look under the car and the issue for us may be that the front bumper and grille seem lower than the rest. For now will try parking in a part of the drive before a slight rise in the gravel but will have to get the drive resurfaced soon.
So what happened with this situation?

89 Supercharged White MR2 5MT/09 Corolla S TURBO CSM 5MT
17 Corolla iM CSM 6MT/ 17 RAV4 XLE MGM
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-09-2020, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedMR2 View Post
So what happened with this situation?
It has not been resolved and will require a rebuilding of the driveway. As the problem happens where the street curves down and up at the end of the drive, it may require getting the city to collaborate when they repave and help by reshaping that section. That won't be an easy thing to persuade them to do. This is the result of low builds for ergonomics and airflow. I would park on the street except for overnight bans for plows in winter. But also the driver door was damaged in a hit and run when parked on a street and was restored with insurance at the cost of a deductible. Street parking is always a risk I guess.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-10-2020, 03:08 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Quote:
It has not been resolved and will require a rebuilding of the driveway. As the problem happens where the street curves down and up at the end of the drive, it may require getting the city to collaborate when they repave and help by reshaping that section. That won't be an easy thing to persuade them to do. This is the result of low builds for ergonomics and airflow. I would park on the street except for overnight bans for plows in winter. But also the driver door was damaged in a hit and run when parked on a street and was restored with insurance at the cost of a deductible. Street parking is always a risk I guess.
You should post some pics so we can see what you are dealing with.

89 Supercharged White MR2 5MT/09 Corolla S TURBO CSM 5MT
17 Corolla iM CSM 6MT/ 17 RAV4 XLE MGM
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page