Scion iM Forum banner

Megan Racing Lowering Springs 18' iM

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SuperchargedMR2 
#1 ·
Whats up guys i recently made a post on the new members section please check out if you haven't! anyways today i received the Megan racing springs i purchased for a tc2 and i will be installing them shortly today!! please stay tuned for before and after pictures.... if you guys have any questions or would like special pricing (better than eBay) on any springs like megan, tein, eibach, rsr i got you covered :) attached is a before pic ill get better ones once i pull the car in

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
How much of a drop should the Megan springs be on the iM? I'm looking at doing a very mild drop and looking at the Tanabe springs. The iM isn't bad from the factory but if it were 1/2"-3/4" lower it would be perfect for me. Looking forward to seeing you pics. Post plenty from different angles before and after please!

#4 ·
so after installing them the rear lowered fine but the front basically stayed the same and didn't lower anything (bummer) so i took them off...my guess the spring rate is too high for this car since they are designed for the tc2 that has a heavier drive train in the front causing the im to not lower as much as the scion would...i will be returning these and i already placed an order for some tanabe that are designed for our car and the spring rates are lower

#5 ·
I was wondering about that same thing with the weight difference of the 2.5L compared to the 1.8L. Looking forward to the results from the Tanabe springs as that is my 1st choice right now.

I still have to install my TWM short shifter and fog lights too. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.