Megan Racing Lowering Springs 18' iM - Scion iM Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-07-2018, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Megan Racing Lowering Springs 18' iM

Whats up guys i recently made a post on the new members section please check out if you haven't! anyways today i received the Megan racing springs i purchased for a tc2 and i will be installing them shortly today!! please stay tuned for before and after pictures.... if you guys have any questions or would like special pricing (better than eBay) on any springs like megan, tein, eibach, rsr i got you covered attached is a before pic ill get better ones once i pull the car in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hi.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	13698  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-07-2018, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Garage
I wish I could drop mine but I have several big speed bumps I encounter every day (at work) and my in-laws live at the end of a dirt road.

I've had dropped cars before and enjoy the look of the iM dropped, just not for me.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-07-2018, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rres26 View Post
Whats up guys i recently made a post on the new members section please check out if you haven't! anyways today i received the Megan racing springs i purchased for a tc2 and i will be installing them shortly today!! please stay tuned for before and after pictures.... if you guys have any questions or would like special pricing (better than eBay) on any springs like megan, tein, eibach, rsr i got you covered attached is a before pic ill get better ones once i pull the car in
How much of a drop should the Megan springs be on the iM? I'm looking at doing a very mild drop and looking at the Tanabe springs. The iM isn't bad from the factory but if it were 1/2"-3/4" lower it would be perfect for me. Looking forward to seeing you pics. Post plenty from different angles before and after please!

89 Supercharged White MR2 5MT/09 Corolla S TURBO CSM 5MT
17 Corolla iM CSM 6MT/ 17 RAV4 XLE MGM
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-08-2018, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
so after installing them the rear lowered fine but the front basically stayed the same and didn't lower anything (bummer) so i took them off...my guess the spring rate is too high for this car since they are designed for the tc2 that has a heavier drive train in the front causing the im to not lower as much as the scion would...i will be returning these and i already placed an order for some tanabe that are designed for our car and the spring rates are lower
post #5 of 6 Old 02-09-2018, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rres26 View Post
so after installing them the rear lowered fine but the front basically stayed the same and didn't lower anything (bummer) so i took them off...my guess the spring rate is too high for this car since they are designed for the tc2 that has a heavier drive train in the front causing the im to not lower as much as the scion would...i will be returning these and i already placed an order for some tanabe that are designed for our car and the spring rates are lower
I was wondering about that same thing with the weight difference of the 2.5L compared to the 1.8L. Looking forward to the results from the Tanabe springs as that is my 1st choice right now.

I still have to install my TWM short shifter and fog lights too.

89 Supercharged White MR2 5MT/09 Corolla S TURBO CSM 5MT
17 Corolla iM CSM 6MT/ 17 RAV4 XLE MGM
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl

post #6 of 6 Old 11-20-2020, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lowering the car just makes it look much better and I would love to do it, but I have the problem with bad roads near me too. If I lower it I know that my car would get ruined by them so it is a no no. Sometimes I do some racing with my friends, but it is safe because we do the racing where there is almost no people around. It is so fun to do that and when I win I just want to become a pro racer. That is partly because of the article I read on https://gulfracing.com/ where they talk about Mike Wainwright, and how he became a racer later in his life.

Last edited by NobSob; 11-20-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page