Scion iM Forum banner

TB Performance Mid Brace Install

22K views 54 replies 15 participants last post by  DanIM 
#1 · (Edited)
Installed the mid brace

Products

Really simple install.

1- Jack up the car safely. A good ramp or jack stands.

2- Unbolt the four bolts #19

3- Line up the brace and rebolt. Had to use an extension

All done

See less See more
#13 ·
I was looking at these chassis braces too. I added several to my 2009 Corolla S Turbo and it made a huge difference so I'll look at adding them to my new 2017 Corolla iM too. :D

Reactions: IM Matt
#29 ·
I've been looking at these braces for a while so I just pulled the trigger. Looking forward to installing them. I bought the Mid Chassis Brace and the Rear Mid Chassis Brace. :D

Reactions: davect01
#31 ·
So I got the 4-point mid brace installed when I installed my DNA exhaust. That was a nice simple install. I tried to install the rear mid brace but it hits the scuba part of the exhaust. It would be so easy for him to put a notch in it so it would fit the iM. I'll look to see bout having it modified to fit my iM.

#43 ·
So I was going through things in my garage and I came across a brace that is the same bolt hole alignment as the TB rear mid brace that hits the scuba. The beauty of this brace is that it's not as wide and cleared the scuba. It was also lighter than the TB or OEM brace. The strangest part is I don't know what car I even bought it for in the first place!

#49 · (Edited)
Since I'm going with coils I'll lower I and then gauge it from there to see if I want it any lower. Most coils I know of tho they won't be stock ride height even if they are all the way to the top setting (correct me if I'm wrong, just speaking from experience). My goal is to turn the IM into a rally car so I won't lower it too much in the end abyway.

Cool thanks guys. I haven't lowered a car in a while so I'm still getting back into it. I'll hit the gas on it soon tho.

#50 ·
I've got BC coilovers on my 2009 Corolla S Turbo 5MT and I could raise it up if I wanted too. I don't have it slammed but I have it lowered to where it looks great and handles well. I've not had any issues with scraping on y 2017 Corolla iM 6MT since I lowered it on Tanabe lowering springs.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.