post #41 of 49 Old 02-04-2020, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davect01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsScion1600 View Post
I can totally attest to that. I thought about lowering it but decided to go this route instead. Dont have the rear brace but with front and rear strut bars, mid brace and traction bar (which also helps with wheel hop and off the line acceleration) cornering at auto x is a dream. TB performance Products all the way for sure.
I had a dropped car before and while they look great, it was a PIA.

True. Considered Tein Flex Z coils but I had a lowered/ heavily modified Neon and I dont think I'll go that route again in the future if there are chassis reinforcements available. Totally happy with my choice and I think a lot more reliable way to achieve improved handling. Owner of TB is really cool too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 Old 02-05-2020, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Quote:
I have my 2009 Corolla S Turbo lowered on BC coilovers and I haven't had issues. It's not slammed low but it's lower than my iM will be. I'm still going to lower my iM but it will be a mild drop on Tanabe springs, a 0.7" front and 1.0" rear drop. Here is the underside of my Corolla Turbo.

davect01 likes this.

89 Supercharged White MR2 5MT/09 Corolla S TURBO CSM 5MT
17 Corolla iM CSM 6MT/ 17 RAV4 XLE MGM
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 49 Old 02-29-2020, 02:54 AM

So I was going through things in my garage and I came across a brace that is the same bolt hole alignment as the TB rear mid brace that hits the scuba. The beauty of this brace is that it's not as wide and cleared the scuba. It was also lighter than the TB or OEM brace. The strangest part is I don't know what car I even bought it for in the first place!

post #44 of 49 Old 03-01-2020, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedMR2 View Post
So I was going through things in my garage and I came across a brace that is the same bolt hole alignment as the TB rear mid brace that hits the scuba. The beauty of this brace is that it's not as wide and cleared the scuba. It was also lighter than the TB or OEM brace. The strangest part is I don't know what car I even bought it for in the first place!

Looking good
post #45 of 49 Old 03-25-2020, 11:22 AM

Never seen that one actually but I'm sure it's good quality by the looks of it. If it works and you feel a difference then it's totally worth it.
post #46 of 49 Old 03-25-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedMR2 View Post
Quote:
I have my 2009 Corolla S Turbo lowered on BC coilovers and I haven't had issues. It's not slammed low but it's lower than my iM will be. I'm still going to lower my iM but it will be a mild drop on Tanabe springs, a 0.7" front and 1.0" rear drop. Here is the underside of my Corolla Turbo.

I love the turbo you have. Very cool. I have a question tho. I'm looking into Megan Racing coils (used mid pipe and other parts in the past for different builds) and want to lower it a bit but with the mid brace from TB already there, do you think I'll scrape the brace? Even if it's just a subtle drop?

Just want a second opinion cuz I want to be safe about it. I really like the brace and I'd rather not take it off if I can help it.
post #47 of 49 Old 03-26-2020, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I love the turbo you have. Very cool. I have a question tho. I'm looking into Megan Racing coils (used mid pipe and other parts in the past for different builds) and want to lower it a bit but with the mid brace from TB already there, do you think I'll scrape the brace? Even if it's just a subtle drop?

Just want a second opinion cuz I want to be safe about it. I really like the brace and I'd rather not take it off if I can help it.
The braces do add some to the bottom of the car, a good inch and a half inches. Well worth it but a consideration when adding a drop.
post #48 of 49 Old 03-26-2020, 04:24 AM

Quote:

I'm sure that you will be okay. As I said I've not had issues with my 2009 Corolla so I'm not expecting to have issues with my iM. I think that you will be okay. There are people that have braces that drop their cars much lower.

post #49 of 49 Old 03-26-2020, 08:07 AM

Since I'm going with coils I'll lower I and then gauge it from there to see if I want it any lower. Most coils I know of tho they won't be stock ride height even if they are all the way to the top setting (correct me if I'm wrong, just speaking from experience). My goal is to turn the IM into a rally car so I won't lower it too much in the end abyway.

Cool thanks guys. I haven't lowered a car in a while so I'm still getting back into it. I'll hit the gas on it soon tho.

Last edited by mpsScion1600; 03-26-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page