Replacement Tires - Page 8 - Scion iM Forum
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 73 Old 11-30-2019, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
If you have a Best Buy electronic store near you they carry Pioneer,Kenwood,Alpine units that should have a CD player Still....or try www.crutchfield.com from Virginia it’s a mail order car and home audio catalog best advice online been around since 1970’s Type in make model car and it will show you what will fit ....Nov.2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 73 Old 02-04-2020, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedMR2 View Post
The Michelin Premier A/S is a good all around tire and does great in wet conditions. You have to remember that nay tire when brand new will normally produce lower MPG compared to your older tires. The tires need to break in over the first 1k miles or so. On my 2009 Corolla S I saw a drop of 2-3 MPG when I replaced my worn out General Exclaim UHP tires with my Michelin Pilot Super Sport A/S 3 tires. I felt that the General tires were near perfect. The Michelin are better on the extreme side of driving when I'm driving hard in the mountains. The ride is stiffer but it relates to the better steering, braking and handling of the tires.

I imagine that you paid for a complete set of tires just paying to mount/dismount and balance each set of tires!
Just to follow up since I checked this forum. My new car has stock 18" Continental ProContact TX with ContiSilent, which is a layer of foam inside these tires to make them quiet. Foam does not seem to help, tires do get loud after 50+ MPH. They are very comfortable/premium in general and they seem to be very fuel efficient, since I had an average 42 MPG during interstate cruising from DC to Georgia (car is EPA rated 32 MPG). ProContact TXs dislike sharp turns as most touring tires do. Larger potholes and bumps shake entire car, but small ones get almost swallowed. I will be getting a different set when these wear out, but they are probably the best tires I had on a new car since Michelin Primacy A/S.

I did try Michelin Premier A/S right before I traded-in my iM, Costco had a free install on them and I was able to return them because I decided to trade in my iM a week later. Michelin Premier A/S would be my top pick after Toyo Versado Noir as a comfortable everyday tire. Premier A/S is somewhat like a more comfortable/premium version of Primacy A/S. Premiers are just a tiny bit more bumpy than Versado Noirs, but they handle curves and turns much better/sportier. If I had to pick best overall tires out of all the tires I had tried, I would've picked Michelin Premier A/S. If I wanted the best mid-range comfort/touring/fuel efficiency tires, I would've picked Toyo Versado Noir without thinking. If I wanted to pick the best price/comfort/handling tires with better wet traction and decent fuel economy, I would've picked Nitto Motivo.

I have just one tire I want to try: Yokohama Avid Ascend GT. They have great reviews, I may try them when my Conti's get old. I am also very inclined to just get another set of Versado Noirs, since every year I get older I feel longing for comfort. It is very possible that getting a Buick Regal was a good idea. I am turning into an old fart much sooner than I expected.

Current:
2018 Buick Regal Sportback FWD

Past:
2016 Scion iM 6MT
2016 Honda Accord EX 6MT
2014 Acura RDX Tech AWD
2014 Acura TSX Tech
2007 Honda Accord SE
2004 Honda Element EX

Last edited by have2ride; 02-04-2020 at 09:38 PM.
post #73 of 73 Old 02-05-2020, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Unrelated topic, but where can I get a CD player for my I.M.?
You listen to CDs? I thought that everyone just used an iPod or a phone. I have a small iPod plugged into the center cubbie and you don't even know it's there.

89 Supercharged White MR2 5MT/09 Corolla S TURBO CSM 5MT
17 Corolla iM CSM 6MT/ 17 RAV4 XLE MGM
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page