Scion iM Forum banner

The Wheel & Tire Fitment Thread

81K views 79 replies 33 participants last post by  SuperchargedMR2 
#1 ·
Good News: I took a closer look at one of the display vehicles and the rear fenders are prerolled (or precut) meaning there's nothing sticking out (or in) for maximum clearance. Well done Scion!

Post your wheel and tire fitments here so people know what will fit and what will not. Please include your wheel diameter, width, offset, tire size and what level of drop if any.

#2 ·
Hey

Any thoughts on what people are thinking of putting on their cars? Will probably be picking up my car in a month or so. Looking at 18 inch enkei tsp6 to look similar to the concept car. Will probably stay at stock ride height and use a fairly conservative offset and width.

Aaron

#3 ·
I'm really hoping people don't go full retard and stretch tires, negative 15 degrees of camber out some 18x10 wheels on these.

I am 100% against the "stance" movement.

Function > Form

That being said I would really like to see what a set of Silver 17x9 +35 Enkei RPF1's with some 245/40/17's wrapped on them look like. I'm not sure what the weight on the OEM wheels are, but it would be nice to free up some unsprung weight.

#4 ·
A lot of websites are reporting conflicting information with regards to the tire specs and possible changes in rim size. Some report only being able to do the same, some report downsizing possible, some report only going 18 being possible. Some report the factory specs incorrectly based on what I've been seeing here (reports 17x7.5 rather than 7, for instance).

I'm guessing 16x7 is possible but I'm not even sure (would like Winter tires that are smaller, y'know).

Hub bore appears to be at 60.1?

I'll go consult the dealer this afternoon. Here's to hoping all the websites get their **** in order within the next few months.

#8 ·
Holy poke. That offset is wayyyyyy too low. Definitely appreciate you posting the pictures though for a visual though. I am looking at a set of 17x8 40mm offset wheels.

Reactions: IM Matt
#10 ·
They do poke out a bit I guess it's the angle that makes it seem worse than it really is. Also the car being so high doesn't help. These are my cars wheels tho I was just bored and wanted to get a idea on what could fit. 17x9 worth about a 30-35 mm offset would be a better fit tho 20 mm is too low for these cars.

#12 ·
I found these two gents cruising on Instagram... Our Australian brethren were kind enough to give me their wheel size and offset specs to help with fitment... The Blue Auirs is running 18x8 +35mm wheels with a 30mm lowering spring, and the white Auris has 18x8.75 +38mm with BC coilovers slammed (he mentioned some rubbing but only on the inner fender liner black plastic stuff).

#15 ·
Dude D:

Hey, if we ever run into each other indirectly in a parking lot or something, let's agree to put a paper note on each other's car, aight?

Supposedly getting an ETA on the new rubber soon.

By Backbones I meant these:

They're not expensive, have the looks I want and weigh under 16 pounds. Dat unsprung weight reduction.

Going 225/50 whereas I'm running 215/55 this Winter.

#19 · (Edited)
I am getting ready to install some wheels. I had to do a little reading to figure out what I was getting into. One question I have is about hub centric rings. Are they worth getting or required? The OEM outer hub bore is 60.1 from what I am reading and the wheel I am getting has a inside bore of 72.62. I plan on installing the H&R springs after I see how the wheels look and I'm going to install them myself. It is still too hot here so I'm waiting on cooler weather. Going from a 50? offset to a 38 offset moves my wheel out 12mm or .462 inches. I am staying with the stock size 17X7 and my stock Toyo's for now. I'm going with the Enkei J10 in silver PN#409-770-12SP.

For reference on centric rings:

spigot rings - 72.6 mm -> 60.1 mm - HubCentric-Rings.com

This site lets me see the different wheel setups in relationship to the hub.

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

General information on tire sizes for the iM:

Scion iM 2016 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com

Tires for Scion iM 2016

Diameters: 17.0'' - 19.0''
Width (mm): 225 - 255
Tire aspect ratio (%): 30 - 45
Smallest tire size: 225/45R17
Largest tire size: 255/30R19
Rims for Scion iM 2016

Bolt pattern 5x114.3
Diameter: 17.0'' - 19.0'';
Width (inches): 7 - 9;
Offset (mm): 38 - 50.

#32 ·
Okay guys, so I've been reading on this thread for some time now trying to get an idea of what I wanted to do. Here's a summary of what I just ordered, tires got here today, I'm just waiting on the wheels and install, then I'll post pics.

Car-
2016 Scion iM, Electric Storm Blue, 5-20% tint on all windows with windshield strip, Thule custom rack with Corolla fitment

Rims-
Te37 type reps by Miro 398 matte black
5x114.3 18x8.5 rim with a 35mm offset Gorilla locking lugs, matte black

Tires-
BFGoodrich G-Force Comp2 a/s
235/40zr18

Hands down the best rated tire for high performance and all season tread.

I'll be sure to post pictures the second I get it done, I'm taking the car to the dealership so they can swap pressure sensors for the wheels and warranty the Toyota care roadside assistance! I'll see you guys in a week!

#36 ·
Anyone here switched to a 16" wheel with 225/50 tires instead of the factory 17" with 225/45?

I was wondering how the 16" wheels looked on the iM, with a tire that was probably a bit more comfortable to drive on. Something either too small or too big looking (to my eye) really annoys me to look at though - the 18" wheels on the new Toyota C-HR is a good example of too big and cartoonish, and the 15" wheels on the Yaris LE is a good example of too small or barely adequate looking. I was thinking that 16" of the right wheel design might look good on the iM also, since it looks so good on the Yaris SE, and that car is taller than the iM, though not as lengthy obviously.

#38 ·
New to the forum, after 10 days of ownership spent $2000 on upgrades. So heres the fitment upgrades.

Wheels: 18x8 5x114.3/5x100 +38 (Brand not given I don't want others with same rims lol)

Tires: 225/40ZR18 Radar Dimax AS-8 92W XL m+s treadwear 600, traction a, temperature a.

Springs: Manzo (made by Megan) lowering springs for a Tc2. Supposed to be 1.4 inches front and back for a tc2. Ended up lowering my IM 5mm (0.2in) front and 40mm (1.57in) rear.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.