32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 66 Old 09-07-2019, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprime View Post
A lot of websites are reporting conflicting information with regards to the tire specs and possible changes in rim size. Some report only being able to do the same, some report downsizing possible, some report only going 18 being possible. Some report the factory specs incorrectly based on what I've been seeing here (reports 17x7.5 rather than 7, for instance).

I'm guessing 16x7 is possible but I'm not even sure (would like Winter tires that are smaller, y'know).

Hub bore appears to be at 60.1?

I'll go consult the dealer this afternoon. Here's to hoping all the websites get their **** in order within the next few months.
17 in. Rims and Bridgestone Blizzacks from Tirerack.com & New TPS sensors ultimate set for Pennsylvania winters in my iM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 09-15-2019, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prescott View Post
I'm really hoping people don't go full retard and stretch tires, negative 15 degrees of camber out some 18x10 wheels on these.

I am 100% against the "stance" movement.

Function > Form

That being said I would really like to see what a set of Silver 17x9 +35 Enkei RPF1's with some 245/40/17's wrapped on them look like. I'm not sure what the weight on the OEM wheels are, but it would be nice to free up some unsprung weight.
I've been looking at wheels and I was worried that a 17x8 +35mm offset would poke too much. Looking at my 2017 iM if the front wheels extended about 12mm it would make it flush with the front fender. The rear wheels look like they have about 25mm before sitting flush.

Can anyone verify this and post some pics of the alignment with the fenders front and rear?

89 Supercharged White MR2 5MT/09 Corolla S TURBO CSM 5MT
17 Corolla iM CSM 6MT/ 17 RAV4 XLE MGM
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #63 of 66 Old 09-16-2019, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prescott View Post
Holy poke. That offset is wayyyyyy too low. Definitely appreciate you posting the pictures though for a visual though. I am looking at a set of 17x8 40mm offset wheels.
Do you have any pics of how much those poke out and fit in the wheel well.

post #64 of 66 Old 11-03-2019, 11:07 PM

Where has everyone gone? It seems like nobody is on to help talk about our Corolla iM anymore. I've finally figured out a wheel to get but I was wondering what everyone thought about offset. I'm getting a 17x8 wheel but should I get +45mm offset or +35mm offset?

The 45mm offset will protrude 18mm more than the stock alloy wheels. The 35mm offset will protrude an additional 28mm. I'm worried that the 35mm offset will stick out past the fender.

What are some thoughts?
Yofrankiejay likes this.

post #65 of 66 Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedMR2 View Post
Where has everyone gone? It seems like nobody is on to help talk about our Corolla iM anymore. I've finally figured out a wheel to get but I was wondering what everyone thought about offset. I'm getting a 17x8 wheel but should I get +45mm offset or +35mm offset?

The 45mm offset will protrude 18mm more than the stock alloy wheels. The 35mm offset will protrude an additional 28mm. I'm worried that the 35mm offset will stick out past the fender.

What are some thoughts?
Im here.. I check on this forum frequently.. Im still new so try to make a name lol

But our OEM stockies are a +50 offset which is why we look like railcars with the wheel sunken in

+35 has always been a perfect match for my tastes because it brings the wheel/tyre perfectly in line with the fenders (IMHO)

That also plays a role in your tyre size(width) and wheel size (width)

Fitment industries has some good ideas for our cars but non show what im personally going for.

Hopefully I helped!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mine - 2018 Corolla iM - CVT
Hers - 2011 Corolla S - Auto
post #66 of 66 Old Today, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yofrankiejay View Post
Im here.. I check on this forum frequently.. Im still new so try to make a name lol

But our OEM stockies are a +50 offset which is why we look like railcars with the wheel sunken in

+35 has always been a perfect match for my tastes because it brings the wheel/tyre perfectly in line with the fenders (IMHO)

That also plays a role in your tyre size(width) and wheel size (width)

Fitment industries has some good ideas for our cars but non show what im personally going for.

Hopefully I helped!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
That was my first thought too. I have 17x8 +35mm offset wheels on my 2009 Corolla S Turbo but the OEM 17" wheels are 17x7 +39mm offset compared with the 17x7 +50mm offset on the iM. That's why I was hoping to see pics of similar offsets to see what they look like. I can get the wheels in either a 45mm or 35mm offset.

I like the way my 2009 Corolla S Turbo sits as the wheels fill the wheel wells but don't protrude past the edge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page