LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 Old 02-10-2018, 03:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by have2ride View Post
I actually like mid-size sedans, I had an Accord for a long time and it served me very well. However, as I mentioned in my original post, new Camry has a low roof, super cramped front seats and just no open space up front. This just kills the whole point of buying a mid-size sedan. I want a larger car to get more room, if I don't get enough room, why would I buy a large car? I also like to get into my car without bending into weird shapes, getting inside Camry is now challenging because of low roof. Then there is a loss of the rear door, I just love the utility of a hatchback. Camry is also very expensive now, I don't need lane departure and Qi cell phone charger and all of that additional electronic stuff. Sadly, future cars will all have them and we will be the ones paying for them.

Camry is a big step up from iM, no question about it. But to many people it is just not worth it.
I like mid-size Sedans. I rented a 2015 Accord Sport and I did not like it. From uncomfortable seats to unfriendly speedometer and instruments, its just not the sedan I desire to own for a long period of time. As I also mentioned in my previous post, the 2018 Camry and has plenty of head room, very comfortable seats, and has plenty of space up front. Finally gave me a reason to consider a sedan. I am 5' 9" in height and getting inside and outside of the car is no problem. My Aunt bought a 2018 Camry SE for $22,000 out the door (yes, including CA tax) which I think its a deal.

Camry is a big step up from iM. If I was not to lose too much money on the iM trade, I would get one. To many people, 2018 Camry is worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 02-10-2018, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B91SUPRA View Post
I like mid-size Sedans. I rented a 2015 Accord Sport and I did not like it. From uncomfortable seats to unfriendly speedometer and instruments, its just not the sedan I desire to own for a long period of time. As I also mentioned in my previous post, the 2018 Camry and has plenty of head room, very comfortable seats, and has plenty of space up front. Finally gave me a reason to consider a sedan. I am 5' 9" in height and getting inside and outside of the car is no problem. My Aunt bought a 2018 Camry SE for $22,000 out the door (yes, including CA tax) which I think its a deal.

Camry is a big step up from iM. If I was not to lose too much money on the iM trade, I would get one. To many people, 2018 Camry is worth it.
Sure thing. You like it, then get it. I would only consider 2019 Avalon for a true upgrade. 2019 iM is not out yet, I am sure it will be amazing, so upgrading to Camry may not be worth it. Your aunt did get an amazing deal.

Current:
2016 Scion iM 6MT

Past:
2016 Honda Accord EX 6MT
2014 Acura RDX Tech AWD
2014 Acura TSX Tech
2007 Honda Accord SE
2004 Honda Element EX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page