What's Grinding Your Gears? - Page 2 - Scion iM Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 08-05-2016, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Unfortunately common sense isn't too common. Some of us grew up with encyclopedias, the dewey decimal system, a library card, Yellow Pages, and Chilton's Manuals. Some grew up spoon fed.

I've come to the conclusion that this is one of my most favorite web links EVER.... Let me google that for you

I moderated for ScionLife, NASIOC, and quite a few different FB pages... the which intake is best, what springs are best, what light bulbs do I need, what exhaust is that?... those questions never go away no matter how many times they are asked. At this point I just send them a masked link to: http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh (unless it's something I have a link saved for).
ultimica06 likes this.

Active car enthusiast since 1996... This is my second brand new Scion (previously owned a 2005 XB). Loving my 2016 Scion iM Electric Storm Blue 6 speed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 08-05-2016, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prescott View Post
Unfortunately common sense isn't too common. Some of us grew up with encyclopedias, the dewey decimal system, a library card, Yellow Pages, and Chilton's Manuals. Some grew up spoon fed.

I've come to the conclusion that this is one of my most favorite web links EVER.... Let me google that for you

I moderated for ScionLife, NASIOC, and quite a few different FB pages... the which intake is best, what springs are best, what light bulbs do I need, what exhaust is that?... those questions never go away no matter how many times they are asked. At this point I just send them a masked link to: http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh (unless it's something I have a link saved for).

Oh Lord "Scionlife" had good times there back in the day...the fights and arguments!....haha

I like your statement.....Basically maybe thats why I get annoyed since I been in the game for like a longtime and in Car Forums etc....I see the same repeated stuff....
Nick Prescott likes this.

Owner of a 2016 Classic Silver Metallic.
post #13 of 15 Old 08-05-2016, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimica06 View Post
Ha!

So whats grinding my gears?

Someone asked 1 of the easiest dumb Q's in a FB Group Page...Asking for a Bulb Size....DUDE! look in your Owners Manual!...or GOOGLE...it takes 2 seconds!

Someone else called me rude & a dick because I offered solutions??....Then that same guy got Sensitive Nancy and said he's blocking me...hahaha...WTF!

Just dont understand how if you know how to type words in a FB Group page & Post It!....BUT cant figure out how to GOOGLE something...Good Golly!!!!
I dont want to add fuel to the fire but i guess the answer you are looking for on why some people reacted that way is Etiquette.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette

I have also been around for a while but capital letters and exclamation points just translates comments to something else.... I apologize if I offended anyone... :-)

post #14 of 15 Old 08-18-2016, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
haha....Got banned from the FB Group.......Guess being "real" doesnt cut it w/ other iM Owners....Not exactly Grinding My Gears about it....Find it humorous as soon as I gave an Opinion...I get tagged "Trouble Negative Person".....No warning or anything just a "Boot" out of the group.

Owner of a 2016 Classic Silver Metallic.
post #15 of 15 Old 08-18-2016, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Not to big with Facebook myself. So I stick to this forum only. Everything I need is here
ultimica06 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page