• 1 Post By nics

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 04-18-2016, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Garage
Perspective buyer here

My current car is getting long in the miles, (145,000) and I am on the hunt for a new ride, probably around the fall.

The iM is high on my list. I drive 35 miles one way, often 6 days a week and am looking for something with a bit better gas mileage, but still have fun with.

My wife recently bought the xB and it has been great as our family of four get around car. An engine intake and stiffer suspension has made this a fun get out of town ride with lots of room for gear.

The downside in my research on the iM is the tepid engine. Why could they not have put the same 2.4l as my wives xB? I perused the engine mod section already, I like the simple intake mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-18-2016, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
It is fun to drive but is lacking a little in the power department but does get good gas milage. I love driving mine. I test drove it and wanted one as soon as I did. Cornering is great, sticks to the road with little body roll. Not really much out there to help with power since it was designed to be a gas saving engine.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-18-2016, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee250 View Post
It is fun to drive but is lacking a little in the power department but does get good gas milage. I love driving mine. I test drove it and wanted one as soon as I did. Cornering is great, sticks to the road with little body roll. Not really much out there to help with power since it was designed to be a gas saving engine.
Thanks. I am just concerned about regrets a year into owning it

Last edited by davect01; 04-18-2016 at 02:48 PM.

post #4 of 9 Old 04-19-2016, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
145k isn't too much. Mine has 340k and made a cross country trip.

I bought the iM to save gas. I have the 6MT and get about 35mpg average. 2ZR-FAE is a peaky engine, it loves to be revved high for more power but I keep mine below 3k for gas mileage.

Valvematic technology is better than the traditional vvti.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-19-2016, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
The 2.4 burns oil.

The 1.8VM is just a consequence of what they put in overseas. It's the most potent engine they have mounted on the Auris.

Owner's opinion: check out the Mazda 3, Newer Elantra (though you might want to skip it because it's not a hatch) and the Civic (hatch coming up in a few months) before you settle on this car. All three are different animals. Civic and Mazda 3 are the best chassis out there but the Civic's got refinement down for a few years, I reckon (although the looks and their CVT might not be for you). The Elantra's just a pleasant all-rounder, meanwhile.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-19-2016, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks folks. I have three or four others I am looking at, but the iM is top of the list at the moment.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-21-2016, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Getting closer. I wanted to wait to pay off a few bills, but my current ride keeps giving me issues.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-22-2016, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davect01 View Post
Getting closer. I wanted to wait to pay off a few bills, but my current ride keeps giving me issues.
I bought the iM because of the 0% APR Toyota special. Didn't even put a down and the monthly is reasonable. Also includes the gap and 6yr/125k mile VSA for peace of mind. I may be wrong but this is the only MY2016 that has a 0% financing that I saw.
davect01 likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-22-2016, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nics View Post
I bought the iM because of the 0% APR Toyota special. Didn't even put a down and the monthly is reasonable. Also includes the gap and 6yr/125k mile VSA for peace of mind. I may be wrong but this is the only MY2016 that has a 0% financing that I saw.

Likewise. Local dealer has the iA and iM for $14,7xx and 17,2xx respectively, with 0% APR and nothing down if you so choose and have OK credit. Couldn't pass it up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page