Scion iM Forum banner

K&N air filter oil

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Ochoa365 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just cleaned my air intake filter last night and put too much oil. It managed to drip on to some parts right next to the engine. Are there any steps I should take to clean it off or is it not harmful to not touch it?

#2 ·
Have you ran the car already? If it's that sopping wet take the air filter out and hit it with a shop vac. That stuff should be used liberally. If you've already driven the car you should get some MAF cleaner, remove the MAF, and spray it off (don't touch the sensor just spray it off). Everything else should be fine. When you clean the filter in the future it only takes a very light coat, and NEVER spray the side of the filter that is on the MAF side only spray the side of the filter that will be exposed to the incoming outside air.

#4 ·
Exactly, that's how its supposed to be sprayed especially since the whole purpose of the oil is to help stop small particles from getting through, might as well ensure it gets stopped or slowed right by entry.

Hopefully you have the issue resolved by now, shouldn't take too long from what I can make of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.