Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedMR2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMQuinn View Post
Thanks for the input or your opinions guys.

Although imho & experiences I'm not too worried about the LW Pulley as when they say Harmonic dampers (usually in older engines) the pulley would have this hard rubber in the middle of the pulleys.

In our newer engines that are usually now internally balanced/tuned (No rubber in the middle of our pulleys for "harmonic dampening effects) is to why I'm not too worried. This issue was also brought up in the older 1zzs in other forums that reported
Minor issues. Like dimming lights or not strong enough a/c etc. But we're later fixed.. From my past understanding it frees up HP that the engine already has from being LW rather then you gaining & Usually those people who report bad things are because they beat on their vehicles & don't drive/maintain them well.
From experiences with fam/friends doing n/a mods I can say that yes it may not be alot but like every penny.. That little HP counts.

I can say the same HP wise for the DC headers & exhaust system.. Yes the exhaust is key to the header other wise you'll just gain sound & like 1-4 hp like the 1Zs from past experiences lol. Some reported porting their headers showed same/better to no results then getting a aftermarket header.

Anyway I don't want this to turn into a debate. I just wanted opinions and or if anyone has an opinion who HAS already installed them.
Here is a picture on my 2009 Corolla S with the same engine and you can easily see that the pulley itself has no dampening design like you were pointing out. Looks to be all metal and internally balanced/dampened as you pointed out. I bought one of these LW NST pulleys for my 2009 Corolla S but when I decided to turbocharge it I figured it wasn't needed so I was going to sell it. Good thing I never did! Now I can use it on my iM. Several people that installed them on their 10th Gen Corollas liked the HP that they freed up giving the engine more response. Every HP matters! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.scionimforum.com//forum/images/ScionIMForum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]

Have you thought about putting the same turbo system in your iM that you put on the corolla?

-Kammer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 11-17-2017, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kammer View Post
Have you thought about putting the same turbo system in your iM that you put on the corolla?
Maybe if I didn't have my 2009 Corolla S Turbo but since I have it I wasn't going to do it on the iM. I'll do an intake and exhaust along with plenty of suspension work but that will be it on the iM. At least that is the plan but one never knows.

89 Supercharged White MR2 5MT/09 Corolla S TURBO CSM 5MT
17 Corolla iM CSM 6MT/ 17 RAV4 XLE MGM
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 33 Old 01-27-2018, 12:11 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Has anyone else done the DC Sports header install and if so did you heat wrap it, do you have a cel light yet and how long was the install

-Kammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page