I worked it out. The instructions above were clear enough and I did some searching and found the various pictures on the web. It was fairly easy to adjust the push rod to the slave cylinder which effectively lowered the clutch bite point. This introduced a heck of a lot of slop at the top of the clutch pedal which I removed by getting access behind the fuse block. Removing the panels and the vent cover was easy, the left dash side panel comes off without having to pull the door weatherstrip. After removing the 3 bolts from the fuse block I was able to pull it towards me, just enough to get one hand and a 14mm wrench in to loosen the jam nut, awkward but doable with my large hands. The slop can be taken out of the clutch by hand, leaving a couple of mm of free play at the clutch pedal top position. Then tighten the jam nut.
It's a different car to drive now, the clutch feels more like my Z4 clutch and the pedal position is just slightly higher than the brake. This is how the factory should have done it.
Thank You to those who posted the how to, even thought the photos were gone it proved very helpful. I now have the photos and write up in a document that I put together.
Total job time 30-45 minutes with testing time.