SCion iM ECU Tuning Development - Page 7 - Scion iM Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 81 Old 07-30-2018, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Orange Virus is releasing its tuner in August. The company was not very informative with what it will be capable of doing.. as we do not have turbos you can only mess with timing... also for $650.. I don't see this tuner being worth it. I hope I am wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 81 Old 08-02-2018, 08:43 PM

Here is the link. https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/...h-kit-scion-im

No info just price. Would like to see dyno sheets and what you are able to do with it before dropping that kind of money. Cobb for example has all kinds of videos showing what their tuner is capable of.
post #63 of 81 Old 08-03-2018, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbarone1994 View Post
Here is the link. https://www.ovtuned.com/collections/...h-kit-scion-im

No info just price. Would like to see dyno sheets and what you are able to do with it before dropping that kind of money. Cobb for example has all kinds of videos showing what their tuner is capable of.
Agreed.

Buyers seem quite pleased but they need to show some dyno results

post #64 of 81 Old 08-03-2018, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
It seems kind of sketchy to me, don't we have some kind of special valve timing mechanism controlled by the ecu? Or is it set up by a different chip/memory this product doesn't touch?

Questions with more questions lol. I hope they put up a video or some dyno sheets! It'll still be a while before i touch the ecu, i'd like to upgrade the rotors, brakes, and stiffen the chassis first.

2016 Scion IM - 6MT - San Diego, CA.
post #65 of 81 Old 08-03-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARG05 View Post
It seems kind of sketchy to me, don't we have some kind of special valve timing mechanism controlled by the ecu? Or is it set up by a different chip/memory this product doesn't touch?

Questions with more questions lol. I hope they put up a video or some dyno sheets! It'll still be a while before i touch the ecu, i'd like to upgrade the rotors, brakes, and stiffen the chassis first.
Our engine is the 2ZR-FAE which is the VALVMATIC which is ECM controlled/electronic motor. The ECM takes inputs from several sensors around the motor and makes calculations and makes adjustments to outputs such as Valves and control modules for example the continuously variable valve lift controller. Which is the valvematic portion of our motor the black box on the side of the engine next to the airbox.

The difference between our motor the 2ZR-FAE and the other Corolla motor 2ZR-FE is the Valvematic system used to control in intake lift and duration of how long it stays open. I have also provided a picture of what I am talking about I have circled the Variable Valve Lift Controller in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	14424  
ARG05 likes this.
post #66 of 81 Old 08-03-2018, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARG05 View Post

Questions with more questions lol. I hope they put up a video or some dyno sheets! It'll still be a while before i touch the ecu, i'd like to upgrade the rotors, brakes, and stiffen the chassis first.I
Orange Tuning is well known and reliable.
SuperchargedMR2 and ARG05 like this.
post #67 of 81 Old 08-08-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davect01 View Post
Orange Tuning is well known and reliable.
I am not going to disagree with that but I just want some proof of the claims before I fork over $600. Show me the Dyno results or some videos of the IM in action with the tuning device in use. Other tuners ie Cobb.. have plenty of videos showing you how to use it what you can do with it even though it is pretty straight forward. That's all I am saying just wish there was more "proof" to see before purchase. YouTube has nothing most of the reviews I have found are garbage.
post #68 of 81 Old 08-09-2018, 11:53 AM

@danbarone1994 any of those reviews show the dyno sheet, even if blurry?

post #69 of 81 Old 08-09-2018, 11:54 AM

@danbarone1994 any of those reviews show the dyno sheet, even if blurry?

post #70 of 81 Old 08-23-2018, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

sorry to catch up with this thread so late, we had a issue with being able to log onto this forum.

The current information on our site is about to be updated very soon. Regarding tuning the iM / Corolla.. here is what we can do.

There is so much more possible than just altering ignition.

Currently we have access to both the CVT and MT,
Tables include:
Throttle control / Torque control for throttle
Valve tming control tables for various engine temperatures. The ECU uses a multi table system for targeting different valve advances based on engine load, engine RPM, and engine temperature.
Ignition timing
Fuel tables / fuel target
Rev limiter(s)
Shift control (CVT)
and many other tables including load switch over for acceleration demand,
injector control tables etc.

it's not quite all finished up yet but will be soon. We do have full access to flash the ECU and have the firmware for them, we're right now dissecting additional needed tables for some ecus.
we've been working on the ECU for over a year now, it took al ong time to get safe access to flashing the stock ECU, but it's now possible.

We are also looking into turbo kit options for the scion iM. If there is enough interest we may build one.

For the 2ZR-FE Corolla..
We have been working with TurboKits to develop a OEM ECU reflash for their turbo kit

Last edited by OVTune; 08-23-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page