LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 81 Old 03-22-2017, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnermedic View Post
all of them are piggybacks!!!
only way to make power on this engines is forced induction or Nitrous,these engines are detuned to make more mpgs and the valvematic system works way different than the vvti
i own a 2010 corolla and it accelerates better than the valvematic,the valvematic even use an angle sensor to determine if the car is going up or downhill,its constantly changing timing for different scenarios.
miss my 99 accord vtec **** that car was rocket at full gas!

that what these engines need a vvt that works like the hondas vtec,explosive and tunable!
Lawd Jesus I don't even know whereto start. I'll just stay quiet on this one....

This color blue attracts rock chips like I do crazy chicks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 81 Old 03-23-2017, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
It seems from the installation guide it is a universal application. Sure it asks the vehicle information but I don't think they actually have specific tune to each vehicle in that selection.

http://en.rschip.com/installation/
post #33 of 81 Old 03-23-2017, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverIM View Post
It seems from the installation guide it is a universal application. Sure it asks the vehicle information but I don't think they actually have specific tune to each vehicle in that selection.

The OVTune does seem unique unlike the one you linked to.

If you read the info from OVTune you actually send in your ECU and seem to get an individualized tune.

post #34 of 81 Old 03-25-2017, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davect01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverIM View Post

The OVTune does seem unique unlike the one you linked to.

If you read the info from OVTune you actually send in your ECU and seem to get an individualized tune.
This reminds me of Hondata or w.e it's called..
post #35 of 81 Old 09-19-2017, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVTune View Post
Hey folks Mat from OVTune here.
Just wanted to join the forum and see what type of interest there is in terms of calibration and tuning? Are you guys ready for more power?

I am the owner / Calibrator / tuner for OrangeVirus Tuning. We cracked the tune on the Scion iA shortly after release, and are looking to do the same on the iM.
you can see about the iA here: Scion iA ECM Tuning Possibilities - Scion IA Forum

How many people would be interested?

We're looking into doing a lot of development for these cars, as we know they can be turbocharged, and modifications for them should be coming soon. We want to ensure the best calibration offering on the market.
So any word on this? I've also been waiting to hear about you doing the Delphi ECU on my 2009 Corolla. I've already turbocharged that car from Turbokits.com and it's a beast now but I would like to get rid of the piggyback AEM FIC and just use the OEM ECU that OV has unlocked. It could be great news for those that want to turbocharge their iM if you can unlock this ECU for forced induction. I know that Jesse at Turbokits also hopes that you can unlock mu ECU too!

89 Supercharged White MR2 5MT/09 Corolla S TURBO CSM 5MT
17 Corolla iM CSM 6MT/ 17 RAV4 XLE MGM
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 81 Old 09-19-2017, 12:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedMR2 View Post
So any word on this? I've also been waiting to hear about you doing the Delphi ECU on my 2009 Corolla. I've already turbocharged that car from Turbokits.com and it's a beast now but I would like to get rid of the piggyback AEM FIC and just use the OEM ECU that OV has unlocked. It could be great news for those that want to turbocharge their iM if you can unlock this ECU for forced induction. I know that Jesse at Turbokits also hopes that you can unlock mu ECU too!
It's been awhile :-(
post #37 of 81 Old 09-19-2017, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davect01 View Post
It's been awhile :-(
I know that they've been busy on a lot of Toyota ECU's but maybe he forgot that they had this thread.

89 Supercharged White MR2 5MT/09 Corolla S TURBO CSM 5MT
17 Corolla iM CSM 6MT/ 17 RAV4 XLE MGM
95 Previa S/C White AT/06 Scion xB MT/10 Prius III Blizzard Pearl

post #38 of 81 Old 11-27-2017, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedMR2 View Post
I know that they've been busy on a lot of Toyota ECU's but maybe he forgot that they had this thread.
Hey everyone, just a follow up, I sent this message to OVTune "Hello, just following up on some information posted on iM forum by Mat, regarding cracking the ECU for the Scion iM/Toyota Corolla iM, there have been several posts asking for more details, but no answers. The forum and I would greatly appreciate a status update, thank you in advance." I'll post their reply if they reply to me directly.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
davect01 and SuperchargedMR2 like this.
post #39 of 81 Old 12-07-2017, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalNurple View Post
Hey everyone, just a follow up, I sent this message to OVTune "Hello, just following up on some information posted on iM forum by Mat, regarding cracking the ECU for the Scion iM/Toyota Corolla iM, there have been several posts asking for more details, but no answers. The forum and I would greatly appreciate a status update, thank you in advance." I'll post their reply if they reply to me directly.

So I got their reply (a while ago actually) and it's not a very good read...
"Hello

unfortunately we have no updates at this time as we have been too busy to put more development time into it right now, sorry."
So... That sucks...

post #40 of 81 Old 12-07-2017, 06:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

So I got their reply (a while ago actually) and it's not a very good read...
"Hello

unfortunately we have no updates at this time as we have been too busy to put more development time into it right now, sorry."
So... That sucks...

Bummer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page