LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 125 Old 07-05-2016, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovmech View Post
Here is a video of my exhaust. Sounds like Nick's. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/zjLdcySvvco
thats one of the best sounding ones yet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
They hate us cause they ain't us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 125 Old 07-06-2016, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottn6ft7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAsteroid View Post
Hello everyone, so I re did my exhaust and found the perfect tone.

So the big thing most of you call the scuba tank is actually the catalytic converter which makes the car emissions legal lol. So removing this will make you not pass smog. But if you are like me and hate having a quiet car then I'd recommend removing the catalytic converter and installing a magnaflow muffler. If anyone is interested I'll make a video about it. Also do not remove the catalytic converter And replace it with a pipe....I was pulled over lol.
Negative ghost rider. The Scuba is after the aft most O2 sensor. It may have some catalyst material in it to help with emissions, but is not necessary, or illegal to remove. The actual catalyst is installed further up in the exhaust. between the 2 O2 sensors. there is an unmistakable bulge a little further down from the header collector. That is your catalytic converter.
This is why I love this forum. Always learn something. Thanks Scott !
post #83 of 125 Old 07-09-2016, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Exhaust sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiScion View Post
That does sound really good man, deep toned, not raspy.. How does it sound under load ?
This is my take inside driving. I think I'm going to have to add some sound deadening to the spare tire cavern to see if that takes some of the tone away. The sound is all in the back. Some may like it but for me just a little more than I need. At low rpms it is throaty. Acceleration in CVT is funky as I hear engine and exhaust and the CVT changes gears different than a manual. Note I have the HPS intake but then above 2500 rpm it sounds good. Above 60 mph and it is purring. Putting it in manual mode where you can control RPM and it sounds really good under load or acceleration. I'm happy with how it came out. The "Nick" kit is a good way to go. My canister is different than Nick's and I made the 90 degree bend to keep a straight out look but you can do it how you prefer.

2016 Silver Scion iM
2011 Nissan Frontier
2016 Subaru Forester (Wife's Car)

post #84 of 125 Old 08-01-2016, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
post #85 of 125 Old 08-14-2016, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Just random video Nick's exhaust. Windows up.

https://youtu.be/1ozs6Tn-508

https://youtu.be/8q9rALc1Qmo

2016 Silver Scion iM
2011 Nissan Frontier
2016 Subaru Forester (Wife's Car)

Last edited by ovmech; 08-14-2016 at 05:11 PM.
post #86 of 125 Old 08-15-2016, 02:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
o0o I'm glad to see what people have been doing for their exhausts!

So I've been holding off so long with modifications & just collecting parts & waiting to see any feedback from others here.. My exhaust idea has shifted.. After
Going to Radsmotorsport here in Oahu and getting Quinn on the lift to see how I could go about doing it (keeping the scubba tank) The AR25 Resonator would not have safe clearance for me to run it the way I wanted SO I went and got a Aero Turbine TR25.4 Mini Resonator that will go just after the scubba then I will run 2.25 piping (since 2.362 was "un common") and eliminating the U bend area straight to a resonated tip
Basically having a light stealthy exhaust lols will be doing it asap due to work schedule and hopefully before and after vids.. (Pictures added) I borrowed the blue iM Pic as reference (I hope you don't mind)

Yes the drawing is ugly but I assure you it'll look better reality wise xD

OH! & If any Oahu iM owners or non iM owner wants a Ar25 Resonator lmk I'm selling it $40.. It's 14" long 4" body width
(I previously posted it) & it'll come with a free Upgr8 Dry Flow Airfilter that fits lexus Ct200h (Don't ask why I have it lol) anyway yh xD Safe modding guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160811_154111_1471242682781.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	8650   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160814_185035_1471243124721.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	8658  

Last edited by iMQuinn; 08-15-2016 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Pictures didn't load.
post #87 of 125 Old 08-15-2016, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Garage
There really isn't much need for a resonator at all if you're keeping the Scubba... Are you looking for louder, or any performance gains? There will not be much of either leaving the Scubba on.

Active car enthusiast since 1996... This is my second brand new Scion (previously owned a 2005 XB). Loving my 2016 Scion iM Electric Storm Blue 6 speed!
post #88 of 125 Old 08-15-2016, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prescott View Post
There really isn't much need for a resonator at all if you're keeping the Scubba... Are you looking for louder, or any performance gains? There will not be much of either leaving the Scubba on.
Oh no worries about the scubba it will def be removed and switched to a bigger OBX 20" further down the road I'm just keeping it for now..& I'm getting rid of the Ar25 that I've got as it just didn't have the clearance or my in vision for what I want my exhaust to be.

A DC Header will be added short after installing the NST CP that I've recently ordered as well. Kinda sorta going stealth/light on mine.. Minimal performance gain/sound or not as long as I'm getting rid of the two ugly stocker mufflers at the end then I'm good for the time being (getting pretty good at holding off modifications due to work) lol xD
Nick Prescott likes this.

Last edited by iMQuinn; 08-16-2016 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Adding missing thoughts.
post #89 of 125 Old 08-18-2016, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMQuinn View Post
Oh no worries about the scubba it will def be removed and switched to a bigger OBX 20" further down the road I'm just keeping it for now..& I'm getting rid of the Ar25 that I've got as it just didn't have the clearance or my in vision for what I want my exhaust to be.

A DC Header will be added short after installing the NST CP that I've recently ordered as well. Kinda sorta going stealth/light on mine.. Minimal performance gain/sound or not as long as I'm getting rid of the two ugly stocker mufflers at the end then I'm good for the time being (getting pretty good at holding off modifications due to work) lol xD
Hmmmm I am very interested in the DC header. It's such a shorty design I am skeptical as to what gains will come out of it, BUT I am very interested in it myself too. You'll love the crank pulley, it's the easiest 7-10whp to gain. I felt a difference immediately.

Active car enthusiast since 1996... This is my second brand new Scion (previously owned a 2005 XB). Loving my 2016 Scion iM Electric Storm Blue 6 speed!
post #90 of 125 Old 08-18-2016, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prescott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMQuinn View Post

Hmmmm I am very interested in the DC header. It's such a shorty design I am skeptical as to what gains will come out of it, BUT I am very interested in it myself too. You'll love the crank pulley, it's the easiest 7-10whp to gain. I felt a difference immediately.
Which crank pulley did you get nick ?
Nick Prescott likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page