The Exhaust Thread - Page 7 - Scion iM Forum
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 142 Old 06-12-2016, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Ok don't stone me guy's but I kind of want to do this in the future for exhaust like middle with the beautiful diffuser (If the aftermarket wills it) anyway the attached pic from a.. I believe the 17 Acura nsx with the exhaust mod/thought in mind @[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160612_005918_1465729482351.png
Views:	550
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	7073  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 142 Old 06-17-2016, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMQuinn View Post
Ok don't stone me guy's but I kind of want to do this in the future for exhaust like middle with the beautiful diffuser (If the aftermarket wills it) anyway the attached pic from a.. I believe the 17 Acura nsx with the exhaust mod/thought in mind @[email protected]
I found what you are looking for... and its TRD

??TRD???? ZRE186H ??????? ???? ?????? - ????!
post #63 of 142 Old 06-17-2016, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
TRD high response muffler Ver.R

Quote:
Originally Posted by B91SUPRA View Post

Description of item
◆ Product Name ◆ TRD high response muffler Ver.R
[reference price 81,000 (yen (tax included)] ◆ compatible model ◆ [Auris]  Model: ZRE186H   engine model: 2ZR-FAE (1.8L)  year: 2,012.8 to 2,015.4  Note: TRD simultaneous wearing mandatory and rear diffuser (MS313-12002) ◆ product features ◆ pipe layout to the tail-end unit to complement the-rear view is assumed with an emphasis on exhaust efficiency, by the functional beauty born from there, produce a more powerful and. and high durability to adopt an all-stainless-buffing material to achieve, is to weld was used for TIG welding with excellent aesthetics and strength to the entire surface.  after a further pipe portion of the tail-end welding, buffing a has undergone. tail end on the upper surface engraved with TRD logo, luxury has to produce a sporty rear styling overflowing. - general is security standard conform sports muffler for our customers with confidence in the public road. - TRD Sport by simultaneously mounting the air filter, for maximum performance. ◆ part number MS153-12015 ◆ ◆ specifications ◆ Oval single tail (center out) tail end: W170 H51.5mm TRD engraved ◆ payment amount ◆ Contact payment amount of money. [successful bid price] + [postage (cash on delivery)]. ※ transfer fee will be borne by the highest bidder. Please be assured that we do not receive, such as packing cost. :

How did you find that?

I'm committed... Magnaflow baby!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Magnaflow.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	7369  
Ochoa365 and Jeff Kammer like this.

2016 Silver Scion iM
2011 Nissan Frontier
2016 Subaru Forester (Wife's Car)

post #64 of 142 Old 06-18-2016, 03:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B91SUPRA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMQuinn View Post

Beautiful! Awesome find!
I may get this or have my local shop make one for me in the future and without the silver muffler at the bend and maybe not making that U bend so wide. All 2.25 piping.. hrmmn..
post #65 of 142 Old 06-29-2016, 10:15 PM

Garage
Fujitsubo Authorize S Exhaust Muffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovmech View Post
I keep planning and today I got under the car since I had the wheels off and measured how much length I had to make a 40-60 degree bend and install a muffler on the end of the pipe. My best option is still a DC sports EX 5016 for a DIY project. I also wrote Kamispeed in Orlando to see if they can get it and a price on a GTBox 06&S.

Higher Performance Auto Parts and Goods | Car Culture
I had a response today about the GTBox 06&S and they told me no go but looks like they can get a Fujitsubo Authorize S Exhaust Muffler. Of course they said they can get this and no manufacturer name, attached some pictures and they didn't say what the price was so I'm asking. I bet it is high but it sure looks nice. They better hurry Friday I'm doing the Nick exhaust kit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Exhaust 41.jpg
Views:	3595
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	7761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Exhaust 40.jpg
Views:	1706
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	7769  

2016 Silver Scion iM
2011 Nissan Frontier

Last edited by ovmech; 06-29-2016 at 10:30 PM.
post #66 of 142 Old 06-30-2016, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
I had a response today about the GTBox 06&S and they told me no go but looks like they can get a Fujitsubo Authorize S Exhaust Muffler. Of course they said they can get this and no manufacturer name, attached some pictures and they didn't say what the price was so I'm asking. I bet it is high but it sure looks nice. They better hurry Friday I'm doing the Nick exhaust kit.
That is pretty nice looking, but absolutely zero performance gains with that giant Scuba muffler still attached to the header. The car would probably be quieter with this exhaust installed. But, sure does look pretty.

This color blue attracts rock chips like I do crazy chicks...
post #67 of 142 Old 06-30-2016, 09:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
I keep planning and today I got under the car since I had the wheels off and measured how much length I had to make a 40-60 degree bend and install a muffler on the end of the pipe. My best option is still a DC sports EX 5016 for a DIY project. I also wrote Kamispeed in Orlando to see if they can get it and a price on a GTBox 06&S.

Higher Performance Auto Parts and Goods | Car Culture
Oh that's pretty sweet!
Sound & Drive by Vids please!

I've decided on my exhaust and will slightly be doing the same.
All 2.25" piping after the Scooba muffler, Just 1 AR25 resonator replacing the silver useless muffler at the U bend and will try to make that bend ALOT straighter, then having a 8" Resonated tip also painting it with high heat black to make it look the oem muffler shrunk lols (sorta looks like a small N1 Muffler) Resonator and Resonated tip ordered and arriving soon (Photos of items attached will hopefully do a before & After)

Waiting to see if the aftermarket will catch up and make a performance mid pipe like what I've seen for the TCs on TC Forums.. If not then a High Flow Cat 2.25 piping to an obx resonator to replace the scooba will be on the list..

Next will be NST, Then DC Header, Then debating on the springs or coils due to Sh!ty roads here.. Then kicks for the vehicle sorta talked to Autoland here on getting them classic spokes I posted a while back.

*Sigh* Waiting on the superchargers... v-v
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-30-14-47-09_1467336178810.png
Views:	598
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	7817   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160625_185707_1467336206930.png
Views:	590
Size:	452.2 KB
ID:	7825  
ovmech likes this.
post #68 of 142 Old 07-01-2016, 06:04 PM

Garage
More info on the above pictures I posted... I was told it is a prototype by MXP and was not being made yet so they had no price. That is not my car in the pictures. It looks identical to a Fujitsubo Authorize S Exhaust Muffler. So there ya go until something comes out or you DIY. The Fujitsubo Authorize S Exhaust if memory is correct and exchange rate was $700 dollars.

As for me I did a slightly modified Nick exhaust kit today. I removed the "scuba", Installed Magnaflow 12645, 2.25 mandrel bent alloy pipe and a DC sports 5016 canister. I bought the pipe kit to make sure I had enough since there are many bends in the system and I didn't want any crush bent pipe. Later I will inventory the remaining pipe kit and post it for sale. I wanted a clean out the rear look and that is why I went with the DC 5016 with a total length of only 16.25 inches long. Sound... Having never done this before I can tell you there is some noise now. The DC 5016 does not come or have a silencer option that I can find but we'll see if I get pulled over. I didn't consider that and really I don't want it. Acceleration exhaust noise is abundant. Sounds good at 3-4K RPM. Driving at 80 on the freeway is more muffled and acceptable to me. Manual most likely better sound than CVT. I have the CVT. It sounds like Nick's no need to ask for video or drive by. Recorded video sound is muted compared to what it really sounds like IMHO. Muffler man told me it would be all day until he could get to it so I went to work and 4 hours later get a call it was ready. Of course it was off the rack so I couldn't get a picture. I don't think he wanted me to "Hover". Stuck my head under and looked good with a quick view. Paid $120 for the install. Below is what I used as reference. I would again like to thank Nick for sharing his info. It sure helps the iM community.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-126.../dp/B000CCG02I

https://www.amazon.com/DC-EX-5016-St...dc+sports+5016

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-670145/overview/

http://www.clantonmuffler.com/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Nick Exhaust Kit 1.jpg
Views:	1228
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	7897  
Jeff Kammer likes this.

2016 Silver Scion iM
2011 Nissan Frontier

Last edited by ovmech; 07-01-2016 at 06:21 PM.
post #69 of 142 Old 07-01-2016, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Does adding the little muffler at the end of the pipe make it louder or just change the tone? I want to do the exhaust but want something subtle. I'm running it right now with the back half taken off and open underneath.
post #70 of 142 Old 07-01-2016, 09:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee25088 View Post
Does adding the little muffler at the end of the pipe make it louder or just change the tone? I want to do the exhaust but want something subtle. I'm running it right now with the back half taken off and open underneath.
What do you mean by back half? Are you disconnected from the big thing that looks like a scuba tank? I have added a parts diagram of the exhaust system for the iM.

I will be first to tell you I am no expert. Yes it would change the sound. Here are some links to give you some info on adding or taking away from your exhaust. Other than that, read the forum, google, watch videos and keep asking questions. I'll defer to more experience in the forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD90ojr_qyI

If I was going to be subtle I might go with this if you are disconnected from the scuba tank just a suggestion.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SPORT-MUFFLER...44595#shpCntId

For your reading enjoyment:

What Do Exhaust Tips Do? Read About How Exhaust Tips Work - Best 2"-6" Exhaust Tips In Stock & On Sale

https://www.etrailer.com/question-31709.html

Understanding Muffler Design and Sound Absorption Strategies - Dragzine
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	iM Exhaust.jpg
Views:	1198
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	7905  

2016 Silver Scion iM
2011 Nissan Frontier

Last edited by ovmech; 07-01-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page